Broke her bat last night.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2016
NW Chicagoland
Time 7:45 pm
Temp 35 deg F

Happen to be watching as she swung and hit the ball and like a small explosion went off with pieces reaching out to the pitcher?...

What the Heck?

Pyroflite Microwaveable Bat Warmer had just arrived around 1200pm.

4:00PM 5 minutes in the microwave Practice starts 6:00PM

Walk to the backstop to get bat and piece from coach and he says it was her Aluminum Bat that broke.....

Had team mate grab her bag warmer and composite bag.

Pulled out temp gun and shot the barrel and got a reading of 65 deg F...

Not bad for 4 hours.

Asked daughter why she didn't use the bat in the bag and she said she thought it was to cold out to ruin it.

13 yr olds......

Bat was 4 years old.

Aluminum, no flat spot, heard I can just glue the end piece back in that was cracked, and just keep it around for a cage bat...

;-)

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
So I wonder, though: Is it a cold bat or a cold ball (or both) that does the damage? You can heat up the bat, but that ball is still colder, and essentially more dense. Anyone?

Apr 16, 2013
The problem with a cold bat is the composite material becomes harder, thus more brittle. When it's warm it's got a lot more flex to it.

I've heard a cold ball and a warm bat is a power hitter's dream. The ball is harder so it doesn't "smoosh" as much, loosing less energy. Cold ball, cold bat is the worst scenario for bat health.

Jul 9, 2016
Tournament got cancelled today due to Park District not letting Teams on the Fields yet....

7:00 AM ......17 deg F...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom