Bringing catcher to camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2017
Madison, WI
Apologies as I know this topic is a bit silly, but if a college camp brochure indicates, "pitchers are encouraged to bring their own catcher" or something similar, can/should DD still attend without one? Do pitchers typically have a "go to catcher" that they partner up with for these events? I'm assuming the catcher attends (and pays for) the camp as a normal recruit/attendee. I'm also assuming that DD's catcher should not be a parent.

Thanks! JF

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
It just means if your DD is pitching you need to supply the catcher. It can be a teamate or volunteer or you can hop on a bucket. Typically if it is just a pitching camp or clinic the catcher will not be charged to attend since she is there for the pitcher.

Jun 12, 2015
I've sat on the bucket many times for my DD in these camps. They are evaluating her pitching, not my catching. (Although, having a glove that has a really loud pop helps...)

Apr 28, 2019
Apologies as I know this topic is a bit silly, but if a college camp brochure indicates, "pitchers are encouraged to bring their own catcher" or something similar, can/should DD still attend without one? Do pitchers typically have a "go to catcher" that they partner up with for these events? I'm assuming the catcher attends (and pays for) the camp as a normal recruit/attendee. I'm also assuming that DD's catcher should not be a parent.

Thanks! JF
The camps I’ve looked at specify if they will provide a catcher or if you need to supply your own. Some let parents catch and others require the catcher you supply to pay to attend clinic/camp.
Just read the entire camp/clinic broshure. If it doesn’t specify check with the organizer.

Jul 29, 2016
My daughter was asked to catch at a camp for a pitcher. We did some inquiries, and the camp found a spot for my daughter, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28