Breakdown of costs for team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2019
Do organizations typically give you a breakdown of what your money goes to? If so, would it be more a general list or itemized?

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
IMHO, it should give you a monthly accounting ledger. That way everyone has all the financial data, and no one can complain.
When I was coaching TB, I had enough sponsors and donations, that we never charged the kids to play. And I still provided one every month.

Jul 31, 2015
Non-profits, 501(c)(3)'s, are required to provide their financial statements to anyone who asks.

Nov 13, 2020
Embezzlement is huge in little league unfortunately. If your club doesn’t give it proactively, I would think if you asked they would be able to explain to you where the funds go.

Oct 4, 2018
Ours is a google sheet, that is visible by everyone. So not only can you see every single line item expense, you can also see who is current on their dues and who is behind. Personally I'm fine with that as it helps keep people honest.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I look at it this way. I am responsible for the dues. The program is responsible for fields, tournament fees, uniforms, umpire fees, payments and reimbursements for paid coaches, equipment, etc. If these things are not being handled, then I would ask for an accounting. I know that we have scholarshiped some players over the years, but that is no one's business but the coach and the family.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD’s original organization folded so we combined with another local smaller club to form our own team. One of our initial things was to make the costs/fees more visible.

We have someone who keeps track of all expenses, payments, fundraising, etc by line and we make it available to all parents. Either by request and/or as a monthly statement.

My DS played 7u baseball for a club and I was never sure what the total amount really was. I wasn’t sure if I owed them money or they owed me. It was a mess. Vowed that we wouldn’t be that way.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I look at it this way. I am responsible for the dues. The program is responsible for fields, tournament fees, uniforms, umpire fees, payments and reimbursements for paid coaches, equipment, etc. If these things are not being handled, then I would ask for an accounting. I know that we have scholarshiped some players over the years, but that is no one's business but the coach and the family.
think you are wrong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12