Break in a glove for the first time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
i wont! But should i be worried about the A crease?
Like I said, at this point if it’s working fine and you’re happy with the results, use it and don’t worry about it.

Or, you could try using it two-in-the-pinky, that’s how I’d wear it playing outfield anyway. That’ll force it to close more thumb to pinky and square up that heel, and change that closing crease that 625 pointed out.

Feb 25, 2020
Nice glove!

I wouldn't worry about that crease as long you have a nice "thumb to pinky hinge" goin on. I have an oiled first base mitt that has a similar little crease (also 2 in pinky). I think it's from being on the larger side of gloves and also maybe from the oil allowing the leather to crease more easily there as the glove closes. In a stiffer(less oiled) glove the leather would just bend but with oil it creases. Eventually it will lay down.

And dont worry if you put a little too much oil on it either. It'll be just fine. It's your glove enjoy it!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And dont worry if you put a little too much oil on it either. It'll be just fine.
Nah, got to disagree with this one, that glove looks like it won’t need anything for two years! And you are right, it’s her glove, she can do what she likes, just don’t use any “oil”.

Nokona gloves are notorious for turning into heavy floppy messes!

Feb 25, 2020
Nah, got to disagree with this one, that glove looks like it won’t need anything for two years! And you are right, it’s her glove, she can do what she likes, just don’t use any “oil”.

Nokona gloves are notorious for turning into heavy floppy messes!

I meant dont worry if she may have over oiled it already!

Definitely dont add more oil.

She has a nice glove. The only damage that can be done is not using it! Don't worry just play!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
Like I said, at this point if it’s working fine and you’re happy with the results, use it and don’t worry about it.

Or, you could try using it two-in-the-pinky, that’s how I’d wear it playing outfield anyway. That’ll force it to close more thumb to pinky and square up that heel, and change that closing crease that 625 pointed out.
do you put your finger on the glove top for that?

Jun 30, 2020
I don't need to break another bone lol, and knowing my track record with my left arm ill keep it inside thanks!! (broke arm and wrist on cement both times)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812