Break in a glove for the first time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So you’re talking about that bulge in the palm right below the ring finger! I honestly wouldn’t worry about it, the glove is breaking into your hand and the way you wear a glove.

If it’s really bothering you, you can pound it flat with a mallet, or a dumbbell. Then store it with a ball in the pocket and wrapped up with a glove wrap like the Mizuno wrap.

Again, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Are you a parent or a player? The reason I ask is it looks like maybe your fingers aren’t actually making it all the way to the finger stalls, and the ends of your middle and ring fingers are pushing out right there when you squeeze the glove closed.

Jun 30, 2020
I have small hands, and I'm a out fielder. I need to shove my hand down to almost my wrist to hit the flingers just slightly

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wayyyy too much oil or whatever you put in there. Also did you use water? That will cause stretching
Agreed, I know these gloves are dark brown leather but it looks like a lot of something has been applied!

And Nokona gloves are notorious for being heavily oil infused from the start, they don’t need anything for a while!

May 23, 2015
You're folding your glove . Don't do that either. Your heel and that crease give it away A player is coming over in a little bit. I got her a glove. Ill post up breaking in and shaping pics. Unfortunately you can't unring the oil bell
20201011_132340.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
At this point if the glove is working for you with no problems, keep using it the way it is! Just don’t apply anymore conditioner / oil to it......for a long time!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478