Brand new fields

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Very nice, wish we had something like this close to where I live. How deep are the fences? Do they play baseball there also? I am guessing the fences are too short to play anything above 12u baseball.
I played one baseball tournament where there was no grass on the IF (wasn't turf though..all dirt). Took me about 3 games to adjust to the speed :LOL:

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I played one baseball tournament where there was no grass on the IF (wasn't turf though..all dirt). Took me about 3 games to adjust to the speed :LOL:

I remember on the fields in a city right next to us they put down a gravel type dirt. The ball hoovered and skipped across it very quickly.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Have played on fields like this. They definitely take some getting use to. Ball really skids and bounces differently than traditional fields. On a line drive to the outfield the first bounce skids and the second bounce bounds. Very fast track. Lots of gappers. The plus side is low maintenance and the consistency.

Oct 4, 2018
We've never played on turf. I'd like to.

Those fields look nice. After more rainouts this fall than tournaments, "State-of-the-art drainage" are like the best words I could ever hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802