Brain droppings..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This one puzzles me, what is a 1/2 pitcher? Is that a midget? haha Jokes aside, I think I know what you mean but, please be clearer.
1/2 the time they pitch good
1/2 the time they pitch badly
~what to do?

Its my question/suggestion.

Aug 21, 2008
There's a harsh reality that many need to accept: you can't get in game shape without playing games. 300, 400, 500 pitches in a gym don't equate to a few innings of a real game. That may sound odd, maybe even crazy but it's reality. There's nothing that simulates the adrenaline, emotion, and excitement of playing in a real game. As great as it sounds to have someone throw for hours on end over the winter, it's just not the same. Similar to how I can hit a golf ball LONG and STRAIGHT at the driving range, but when I step in for a real game, I see the whole course: trees, bunkers, water hazards, etc.

If you want your pitcher to have stamina, let her pitch in and out of trouble in games. Especially in April when the games are meaningless. It's a win win if you do, not only will she build stamina but, she'll also get valuable experience that may help the team later in the season when you may need someone to chew up innings or a spot start. A pitcher having a bad game seems unfair to the rest of the team, and it can royally suck to watch someone walk 10 or more batters in a game (or worse, in an inning) but I'd still rather have that bad game in April than in July.

Feb 22, 2021
Many of your suggestions have been great everyone, thanks.

This one puzzles me, what is a 1/2 pitcher? Is that a midget? haha Jokes aside, I think I know what you mean but, please be clearer.
I guess I could have said we have 1 "pitcher" and 1 "thrower". lol. Our 2nd loses all control after about the 2nd inning. Mind you we are 10U, everybody is still learning everything at this point. It is not so bad right now in these doubleheaders we are playing, but we have some good tournaments coming up where we either need our #1 back ASAP. Maybe we just have to come up with a way to better manage both pitchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802