Bracket lineup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
way to go on the win! you give a child an opportunity, and they very often rise to the occasion.

i really like the wheel approach. another idea I have is to have two or three groups of batters, girls stay in order within the group, but order of the groups rotate game to game. still kind of lets your batting order have a strategy (ie couple of hitter with good OBP and speed, but little power, followed by a couple of hitters with more power, rinse repeat), and also really helps eliminate the dreaded inning with your 9-10-11 hitter (if you simply put all your poorest hitters at the bottom) coming up. can change the groups weekend to weekend if desired, but I also know some kids do not like to lead off (including my DD, she wants RBI opportunities ;)).

Yes, we were already kind of doing that. Fortunately our worst batters (hitting mechanic and average-wise) are the shortest girls and get walked a ton. Their OBP is higher than our BA leaders.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
We have let girls know that solid OF rarely sit

Like every player who started young and had their dad for a coach, DD played infield, and she's pretty good there. However, with her current older team, even though she is probably the best player at that infield position, she's often needed more in the OF. Fortunately, I started working her as an outfielder several years ago at 12U. While not blessed with blazing speed or a cannon arm, she is the best ball hawk on the team.

The players she platoons with at the infield position regularly sit because they can't play the outfield. However, a Bigfoot sighting is more common than seeing DD on the bench. If your DD wants to stay off the bench in older age groups, turn her into a competent outfielder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12