Brachial Pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
DD has pain in the brachialis area of arm when throwing ever since getting hit by ball there. About a week and half ago. Since everything is canceled, she is going to take a break for a while to see if it heals up. Have any of you every heard of this? Possibly a bruised muscle? If it doesn't improve she will go to the doctor.

Nov 8, 2018
Is pain directly at the point of contact? You can absolutely bruise muscles not to mention the bone. Either is a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2017
Is pain directly at the point of contact? You can absolutely bruise muscles not to mention the bone. Either is a possibility.

Yes, after about 10 throws or so she starts to complain about it. At first I thought it was mechanical throwing issue, but then she said, ever since being hit by the ball there. So that makes me think otherwise.

Jun 8, 2016
DD has pain in the brachialis area of arm when throwing ever since getting hit by ball there. About a week and half ago. Since everything is canceled, she is going to take a break for a while to see if it heals up. Have any of you every heard of this?
Threaten to chop off her arm..whenever my 95 YO DD complains of a nagging ailment (her trap was sore last week..really? my forearm is bigger than your thigh I doubt you even have enough trap muscle to get sore) I do that and it works.. :LOL:

Nov 8, 2018
Yes, after about 10 throws or so she starts to complain about it. At first I thought it was mechanical throwing issue, but then she said, ever since being hit by the ball there. So that makes me think otherwise.

Bruising damages the tissue and every time she throws she’s damaging it some more. If that’s the issue. Best way to know is to take your thumb and press where she says it hurts. If she punches you in the face it’s a bruise. Lmao. May need to shirt it down for a bit.

Oct 2, 2017
Bruising damages the tissue and every time she throws she’s damaging it some more. If that’s the issue. Best way to know is to take your thumb and press where she says it hurts. If she punches you in the face it’s a bruise. Lmao. May need to shirt it down for a bit.

I'll check it out, and yes Shut it down for a while

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You would want her to alter her throwing mechanics in an attempt to avoid discomfort. Shut it down. There is plenty of other stuff to work on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802