Bought DD New 12.5" Oryx Trap Oufield Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Bradley came out with a new line of gloves geared for younger players who play year round. It is the same size hand/finger stalls as the Next Play/Banditos (8-14 year old) but upgraded to Nagasaki Kip Leather. DD currently has a 11.75" single post, but she has been playing mostly CF. I've been itching to let her try out a Mod Trap or Oryx trap, but just couldn't bring myself to pay $200 for a Bradley Custom. This seemed like a great option. I'm not keen on white laces, but the navy leather matches her team colors.

I'll post my first impressions once we receive it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2019
Bradley came out with a new line of gloves geared for younger players who play year round. It is the same size hand/finger stalls as the Next Play/Banditos (8-14 year old) but upgraded to Nagasaki Kip Leather. DD currently has a 11.75" single post, but she has been playing mostly CF. I've been itching to let her try out a Mod Trap or Oryx trap, but just couldn't bring myself to pay $200 for a Bradley Custom. This seemed like a great option. I'm not keen on white laces, but the navy leather matches her team colors.

I'll post my first impressions once we receive it.

I’m not familiar with Bradley gloves but it looks like a quality mitt.

Apr 30, 2018
I’m not familiar with Bradley gloves but it looks like a quality mitt.
Bradley started a few years ago. They specialize in gloves for kids. They started with several different lines, Igniter for 4-10 yo, Next Play/Bandito for 8-14 yo, and Next Level/Big Series for Jr. High and up. Just from watching their offerings over the last year or so it doesn't look like the gloves for the older gloves have been selling as well. Kids at that age tend to be big enough to use adult size gloves so they are competing against Vinci, Rawlings etc. Bradley seems to be expanding their offerings for the 4-10 and 8-14 range. At this age the hands are small and the big companies generally only have a couple of models, sizes, webs to choose from. Bradley seems to be finding success offering gloves with real leather, numerous lengths and webs with a hand/finger stall size appropriate for small hands. This new 6090 line seems to be targeted at 10u and 12u travel ball player. Same small hand/finger stall size for 8-14 year olds, but upgrades to Japanese Kip Leather to better withstand year round play.

Apr 28, 2019
Bradley started a few years ago. They specialize in gloves for kids. They started with several different lines, Igniter for 4-10 yo, Next Play/Bandito for 8-14 yo, and Next Level/Big Series for Jr. High and up. Just from watching their offerings over the last year or so it doesn't look like the gloves for the older gloves have been selling as well. Kids at that age tend to be big enough to use adult size gloves so they are competing against Vinci, Rawlings etc. Bradley seems to be expanding their offerings for the 4-10 and 8-14 range. At this age the hands are small and the big companies generally only have a couple of models, sizes, webs to choose from. Bradley seems to be finding success offering gloves with real leather, numerous lengths and webs with a hand/finger stall size appropriate for small hands. This new 6090 line seems to be targeted at 10u and 12u travel ball player. Same small hand/finger stall size for 8-14 year olds, but upgrades to Japanese Kip Leather to better withstand year round play.

So kind of a niche market. Nice. Good for them.

Apr 30, 2018
Just got the glove in today. It measured a true 12.5". It is a fair bit stiffer than I remember her Bradley Next Play glove (to be expected). It isn't a total brick though. 52" 68 lb DD was able to flex it a little. I think playing a lot of catch this week and next should get it to the point that it is game ready. I wish the wrist was tighter, but my DD is small so all gloves are going to have that issue. I bought a thick velcro terry cloth wrap from Bradley that is designed to go around the wrist strap of the glove to help tighten it up. Overall, really pleased.

88e85f136977e4c69c31a09e549feb47.jpg

2dc2b49690712c7e70210d923a9b16ff.jpg

40c2026b03dc32716c22846c5676cf95.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Great looking glove!!

Go to the 7:30 mark of Dirty 30’s video, even though your glove is in the tightest setting, the Pedroia method will still get it a little tighter! It’s how I’ve done every glove Anna has ever used!

Apr 30, 2018
Great looking glove!!

Go to the 7:30 mark of Dirty 30’s video, even though your glove is in the tightest setting, the Pedroia method will still get it a little tighter! It’s how I’ve done every glove Anna has ever used!

I'll take a look at her glove tomorrow. Is it possible to relace the wrist without the needle he uses or do I need to get one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K