BoomBah Fastpitch Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I can speak for the all star vela. I bought it under recommendations here and was not disappointed. I would have gladly paid more than $60 for it. The only negative I have with it is the palm pad inside the glove - it makes it harder to break in.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just purchased two gloves this all star and the boombah so I can a review........I am so curious about this boombah.....thanks for the feedback....ooh and I think I got the last right hander for sale....it only shows lefties now....
I'll be way more than shocked if you give the nod to the Boombah over the All-Star.....we'll see?

Mar 28, 2020
I'll be way more than shocked if you give the nod to the Boombah over the All-Star.....we'll see?
@Annadad got both in..and a 12.5 is too big sending the boombah back and looking at swapping the All-Star for a 12. The All-Star seems like a nicer glove. I do have a question. In your experience how does the All-Star rate next to the Mizuno Franchise?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@Annadad got both in..and a 12.5 is too big sending the boombah back and looking at swapping the All-Star for a 12. The All-Star seems like a nicer glove. I do have a question. In your experience how does the All-Star rate next to the Mizuno Franchise?
The only Franchise I've ever owned was a 34" fastpitch catchers mitt years ago, to me an entry level mitt..........but it was a fantastic catchers mitt for the money, and I got every dime out of it and still gifted it to a forum member / coach here for one of his girls to use!

But with everything being equal ($$$) I'd definitely give the nod to an All-Star Vela over a Franchise!

Apr 6, 2017
The 12 inch vela is a great size. You will want to work on the heal/palm
of the glove, Work it back and fourth to break up fibers to help it close.
I used the hot glove kit. I'd probably skip the oven treatment and just
condition the pocket if I were doing it again. A small jar of conditioner
is all you really need. Amazon has many to choose from.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have a Veloci catchers mitt and really like it. I took a shot at it on Ebay for $50 shipping included. It's really large which is why I like it, not for a female though. Good quality leather and laces. Kip leather, but it took a while to break it in. I have no idea about their other gloves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802