BoomBah Fastpitch Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
I am looking for a glove for a 11 year old girl (12U) fastpitch she is an outfielder......she has a Mizuno Franchise but she needs to get a bigger glove for the outfield.

Has anyone used the Boombah 8020 Advanced Fielding or the VELOCI fastpitch gloves....online they look awesome.....she loves the colors of the 8020....to me the VELOCI looks like a higher quality......

If anyone could give feedback on those gloves it would be great.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
With that pebbled leather, 80% game ready, and the $50 price point, you probably should order three at one time. I bet this glove would be a floppy mess in two weeks!

And a Kip glove for $80, I bet it’s paper thin leather! I’d pass!

Jan 8, 2019
Tams, there are a few fairly recent threads that have some great info on gloves.

FYI, annasdad really knows his stuff.

I'd start by answering a few questions:
  1. What's your budget?
  2. How much does (will) your DD play?
  3. How big is she (hand size)?
  4. Does she /you have a brand preference?
  5. Web style preference?
  6. How much work will your DD be willing to do to break it in?
  7. Does color matter?
And really, #1 is the most important, with 2 and 6 following. #7 will be most important to your DD, and she will "like" the feel of a floppy glove, but it will not help her in the end.

Mar 28, 2020
Tams, there are a few fairly recent threads that have some great info on gloves.

FYI, annasdad really knows his stuff.

I'd start by answering a few questions:
  1. What's your budget?
  2. How much does (will) your DD play?
  3. How big is she (hand size)?
  4. Does she /you have a brand preference?
  5. Web style preference?
  6. How much work will your DD be willing to do to break it in?
  7. Does color matter?
And really, #1 is the most important, with 2 and 6 following. #7 will be most important to your DD, and she will "like" the feel of a floppy glove, but it will not help her in the end.
1. best quality I can get for the price.....but not to exceed 100....close to free is always the goal :)
2. With the virus we are only throwing in the yard...but without the virus three practices a week one game a week....she does do guess plays once a month for a tourney team. (daddy issue....I am not ready to commit my time to tourneys until she is in the 8th grade...did that trourney stuff with my older daughter.....I am not willing to invest my time just yet....I like playing local)
3. I used a phone app to measure from wrist to tip of index finger she appears to be a little longer than 5 inches looks like 5.25 inches long
4, nope
5. nope
6. We throw and catch almost every single day and with this virus she is bored enough to go out in the yard and throw twice a day
7. NO red....but the more punky brewster it is the happier....her favorite color is Blue...hence why she likes the 8020.......

I am considering purchasing the 8020 to do a review on it....since I can't find a review anywear and then purchase her a game glove.....it not not like she will have a game or a practice anytime soon....I will be shocked if practices resume by June.....so buying two gloves one to review and one to actually use wouldn't hurt at all.....

Apr 6, 2017
All star vela is on sale for $60 on their site. Hard to beat for this price.
Dd has one and it's a pretty stiff glove. It will take breaking in and will
hold it's shape well.

Mar 28, 2020
Yes, great quality baseball & softball gloves, and catchers gear!
Just purchased two gloves this all star and the boombah so I can a review........I am so curious about this boombah.....thanks for the feedback....ooh and I think I got the last right hander for sale....it only shows lefties now....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee