Blue Ghost or 2020 Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 18, 2018
Sorry to bump an old thread. I am wondering how people feel about the 2020 vs the blue ghost now. I have a chance to pick up a new blue ghost cheap but might think about going to the 2020 if it is better in performance and durability.

Dec 11, 2010
Sorry to bump an old thread. I am wondering how people feel about the 2020 vs the blue ghost now. I have a chance to pick up a new blue ghost cheap but might think about going to the 2020 if it is better in performance and durability.

As long as you don’t play USSSA buy whatever is cheaper as long as it is from a reputable dealer and you get a valid receipt for warranty.

Don't forget to keep the receipt in a safe place and staple a copy of your credit card statement to it. Check with your card issuer, they may double the manufacturer warranty.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I might try to answer that question by watching a UCLA Bruins game. They are sponsored by Easton (and play in Easton Stadium). Many current players still use the Blue Ghost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And a ton of other teams sponsored by other brands still use bats years old. If you are swinging a bat you are comfy with,
you aren't gonna switch.
I forget who it was, but when the blue came out...there was a very good player still using a white/orange mako beat to hell.
Was it better, no, but she had it where she wanted it and was comfy. You see WAYYY more older CF's and LXTs out there than the latest
models on college teams...are they better than the new ones, prob not...but the hitter is comfy with them.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
I think it comes down to your DDs preference. For mine the 32/22 Blue ghost felt like a tank, the same in the 2020 is just right. Blue ghost has a thinner handle area and is more end-loaded, where the 2020 is clearly more balanced. Personally I would never buy a bat strictly based on price. As Core mentions “comfy”....confidence is king so it has to swing right.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has used both the blue and 2020 Ghost. At first, she didn't really notice a difference, except for sound. As she's spent more time with the 2020, she says they feel pretty close, but she prefers the 2020. Performance-wise, no difference has been noticed.

Apr 28, 2019

I would go with 2020 DS Ghost. IMO better all around bat than 18 and you don’t have to take it out of your bag for Utrip tournaments.

Dec 11, 2010
Wait, I thought the Blue Ghost was hot but defective? /snark/

If the Blue only going to last for 15 swings, buy the blue ghost cheap and then get the DS as a warranty replacement, right? /also snark/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood