Blue Ghost or 2020 Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You don’t put any of the onus on the sanctioning body for not giving its approval for the bat stamp?

Of course not, its not that usssa didn't allow the bat...haha. This year usssa has changed their standards
to be in line with ASA...although you still need to submit and pay to get their stamp of course, which is the
main reason for bat approvals :)

If someone doesn't think Easton didn't want all stamps on the Blue...you are nuts. It would have sold 40% more.
The gold was a very low seller comparatively.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
For the sale prices that you can get the Blue Ghost for, I would go that route. Actually, I would buy two....get one size that she will use right now and get the next size bigger. Two Blue Ghosts wouldn't be much more expensive than a new 2020 Ghost.

Apr 22, 2015
For the original poster, the CF7 -11’s were smoking hot. In my opinion that and the cf8 -11 are the hottest Demarini’s I have ever seen. Has she outgrown the CF7 or are you just wanting something new??

May 29, 2019
For the original poster, the CF7 -11’s were smoking hot. In my opinion that and the cf8 -11 are the hottest Demarini’s I have ever seen. Has she outgrown the CF7 or are you just wanting something new??
Interesting that you should say that. My oldest DD isn't very big, and she has had every -11 CF from the CF7 through the CF ZEN. She insists to this day that the CF7 was the best/hottest of the bunch. The CF8 and CF9 were close, but didn't have the CF8 very long as it broke fairly quickly and was replaced with the CF9. The CFX she had seemed to be a dud, and developed a rattle relatively quickly. The CF ZEN is hotter that the CFX, but doesn't instill the magic that the old CF7 did.

On a side note to the OP, going from a -11 Demarini to a Ghost is going to be a substantial difference is swing feel, especially if you are going longer and to a -10. My DD still uses her 33 -11 CF ZEN and a 33 -10 Blue Ghost, and the difference between the two is night and day.

May 29, 2015
Of course not, its not that usssa didn't allow the bat...haha. This year usssa has changed their standards
to be in line with ASA...although you still need to submit and pay to get their stamp of course, which is the
main reason for bat approvals :)

If someone doesn't think Easton didn't want all stamps on the Blue...you are nuts. It would have sold 40% more.
The gold was a very low seller comparatively.

Just curious ... does that say anything about the prevalence of USSSA and organizations that accept their stamp? Or was it a production schedule thing (i.e., the gold came out later into the season)?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Gold came out a year later.

I def think Easton had to do something fast to gain some steam in their FP line and they felt ASA/USA is more popular so they made a bat that fit their standards and usssa didnt allow it. But Easton wasnt gonna
mess around and wait (or retool) the Blue.
If usssa allowed the Blue, they would have sold even more and Im sure Easton would have preferred that
and then they could have done another dual the next year instead of doing a usssa bat that really wasnt
a big seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802