Blast Motion Android

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Does anyone have experience using the blast motion sensor with an Android phone? The Play Store has very poor reviews for the Android app.

Nov 15, 2019
I got a google pixel 4a about a month ago and am having no problems with the blast app. But before that I had a Moto G5 play and it would cause my phone to freeze up randomly, even when I didn't have the app open. It would also freeze anytime I tried to video through the app. It was useless and I had to take it off my phone. With my daughters Samsung it didn't have any of the freezing issues, but when it saved the video to her camera roll, it just saved it as one long hitting session, not the edited clips with the metrics on them. I could still see all the little clips in the app, it just would not save them like that to my camera. All this meant was because we didn't have the extra blast connection subscription, there was no way for me to send video to our hitting instructor. Customer service said they would not be able to fix that until they updated the app again, which was going to be a while.
Now that I have the pixel 4a things have been good, everything is working as it's supposed to.

Mar 7, 2016
i have it and it def loses a lot of functions with android compared to my daughters apple. THe biggest killer is the amount of memory it eats up. constantly having to delete things to make room for videos

Jan 8, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S8. Fun when it works, but has a lot of trouble pairing and staying paired.

Dec 30, 2018
I have it for both softball and baseball.
I don't recall having any problems.

But I'm not sure about functionality vs apple.
DD coach did mention the app was designed for apple.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812