Blast Metric Scoring Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2017
Madison, WI
Hi -

To anyone with familiarity with the Blast Sensor, are the metric scores related to the individual player's goals, or will the same inputs always result in the same overall metric score independent of the goal setting? For example, my daughter's sensor is set up with the "Travel Ball 12u - 14u" settings (Goals & Level of Play). For the Rotation Score, this means the goals are set as:

Rotational Acceleration Goal = 8.0g to 35.0g
Bat Speed Goal = 38.0mph to 52mpg
Power Goal = 0.8kW to 2.20 kW

For a particular swing with inputs: Rotational Acceleration = 8.3g, Bat Speed = 58.8mph, Power = 1.78kW the overall Rotation score was 51 and Yellow. She looks at that and says "What the heck? All three of the individual score are green, why is the overall score yellow?"

I want her to believe in the tool and so I need to be able to explain to her why the scores are not what she is expecting, but feel like I'm missing something here myself. Any advice?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 21
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yellow is good, it's 50 of 80 score. I do know what your talking about though, I sometimes think it should result in a better score in regards to the metric (s). 50 is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802