Bittersweet!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2020
Just want to brag about my kiddo! She throws a beautiful FB, curve and change. But she just learned a drop and it is just crazy. I’ve always caught for her and have to focus so intently on this pitch! (I looked like an idiot trying to catch that ball!!). Her catcher would come to lessons, but she says she really likes pitching to me (awww... sweet). Sometimes the best non-softball chats we have are driving to/from lessons. I know I might soon be a liability for her growth (or she’ll change her mind about her lessons) but am just soaking up the time with her right now and hoping I don’t throw my back out : )

Jan 25, 2020
Awesome! Working on a drop with my 2nd year 12u DD. How old is your DD and what "style" of drop is she developing?
She is 14 and he had her try both rollover and peel. She did much better with the rollover and also felt the peel was awkward, so she has been practicing the rollover (which is weird to me because the rollover looks like it would be awkward). She only throws low to mid-50s so I was not expecting it to drop so dramatically, but it does! Very cool.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You take a drop ball that hits "Big Jim and the Twins" into the bucket, You'll remember the pain. That drop ball that catches the back edge of plate will jump right up into danger zone.

I've had my share of shin knots over the years, but ironically THE worst my DD has ever hurt me was on a great change-up on a concrete floor! Simple short hop that we've all caught thousands of, the ones you don't even think about!

It hit that concrete floor and changed directions and hopped higher than it should have, it was a little inside and a half a ball in the river and I was already going after it with my throwing hand......it hopped up and hit the back of my index finger on my right hand, I just KNEW it was instantly broken! Fighting back some big ole tears it took me several minutes to get it to straighten out!

All the while Anna and her instructor were dying laughing, it's amazing, the more a Dad gets hit by a ball and really hurt, the funnier it is! Females have a twisted sense of humor!

The week before that, a Dad got his nose broken because of that concrete floor.....guess on what pitch? Yep, a change-up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478