Bittersweet (caution, shameless bragging inside)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
The title of another thread states "Tomorrow is a sad day".

For my family, tomorrow will be a bittersweet day, DD will be playing her very last High School softball game tomorrow at 2 pm. It is the Section Championship game against their arch-rival; quite fitting if you ask me :)

There have been some fond memories during the last 4 years on the softball field. Games hard fought, games won, games lost, games rained out, games in 100+ degrees, games where there weren't enough blankets. The first time DD was on the field as a High School student, she was in a wheelchair due to an injury. She would get released to play softball the day before tryouts. She was the first freshman pitcher to start on Varsity in nearly 10 years and start almost every single game during her 4 years. She has earned too many accolades to mention, but the ones that stand out are League MVP and Northern Section First Team for 2 years, sophomore and junior. She has led her team to the Northern Section Championship game for the last 3 years, this year they hope to win it.

I am so proud of my daughter. She has worked hard to be the best she can be. She has earned the respect of her coaches, her parents, her team mates and the community. She donates her time and experience as a pitcher to many starting pitchers, many of them can be found at a home game cheering her on from the stands.

Once tomorrow is "in the books", I will be sad to know that I will never cheer for my daughter at another high school game. BUT!!!! I will be looking forward to the years of cheering for her at her college games.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee