Best tee hitting drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
What do you folks consider to best hitting drills with a tee.....HS level.....give your top 3...thanks

Aug 20, 2017
Every hitter is different. Most have different bat paths and swing planes so they will need different drills. The 3 drills that all my hitters do (I coach high school and travel) are the following:
1.) Kickstand Posture Drill: 50% swings focused on keeping head down throughout the swing. This is a great bat path drill. I would suggest that on every tee swing the hitter never looks where the ball is going and just looks at the empty tee where the ball left. Head staying down creates a bigger hitting window (barrel doesn’t take a hard left turn early for RH hitters).
2.) Feet Together Stride Hit Justin Stone Drill: This is a tempo and balance drill. This drill teaches the feel of moving forward at release. We do this in front toss also. Teach them to float forward. Let there hands do what they want to do to an extent. At launch tell them to get their head to work backwards. This will help prevent lunging and allow for bigger hitting window (ability to let the ball get deep).
3.) Load/Stride Check then Swing: teaches them to stride into an athletic posture (takes a bunch of reps on this but they will get there). On the swing tell them to think hit with legs. Head goes backward. I try to get a little more weight forward during the stride pause part. If they stay back at all during this drill they will have slack in their swing and will reload. More weight in front side helps remove this slack.

We do the Bonds drill on side toss with all hitters. Not trying to kill it but focused on the hands working down to the ball. Get the ball bouncing quickly. Not in regular stance. Tall and relaxed

We do a two tee drill for all hitter also with two tees together and a ball on the front tee. The back tee is empty and slightly lower than the front tee. This is for my barrel droppers. We try to skim the back tee on every swing. Work all pitch locations and heights doing this drill.
Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee