Best softball story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
So many memories (and still adding). My favorite team might be a 12u rec team in a YMCA league. 7 of 11 girls had never played before, and they worked so hard and had so much fun.

One of these young ladies wanted to be the catcher, but she couldn't even throw the ball back to the pitcher. She was determined, though, and wouldn't stop pestering me about it. I finally told her that when she could throw the ball to 2nd base, she could work on catching. When I got to the next practice, her dad was standing on 2nd base and she was standing on home plate, lobbing the ugliest, rainbow-iest throws to second you've ever seen. But she was doing it. She became our starting catcher and eventually played in high school. So proud of her.

Aug 29, 2016
The ugly side of things. This happened last week at sectionals against our HS conference rival. We had beat them twice a couple weeks ago to win conference and things had already been a bit salty in those games. In one of those earlier games their 8mon pregnant coach ran as fast as possible screaming about our batter being HBP and accused her of leaning out over the plate. They are a good team and well coached, but the coaches and parents are a pretty feisty bunch. In this last game, their was a questionable ball/strike call at the plate (btw, same batter as earlier). Catcher walks past our batter and elbows her in the chest and audibly proceeds to tell the ump to do his f*&#n job (direct quote). Warning was given, but that was all. Unfortunately, we lost that game 10-9 and they went on to the state tournament.

Sep 3, 2015
Listened to a pitchers Dad complaining about the catcher making his DD give up too many HR’s. Just one of a long line in blaming any and everything except his DD.

Isn’t it known that all HR’s given up are the catchers fault?

There is also no such thing as a wild pitch.

LOL, I’m a pitcher’s dad and wow.

Hitters are good too, even good pitches go out sometimes.

Pitchers parents are the worst, of course I am also an exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom