Best pitching velocity drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2019
Yeah tried smaller ball today really got her arm speed moving love that idea. Finished with 12inch ball.
Not a velocity drill but have them throw a change with a baseball. Helps them to understand release timing, and not dominating the ball

Feb 25, 2020
So my DD has great velocity long toss and "walk ups" but sometimes she struggles to bring this to her "off the rubber" deliveries. Other times she carries it over no problem. I think she maybe overstrides, any quick fixes? Or common problems here. No video as of yet. Its hit or miss.

Jul 31, 2019
Nothing more than an educated guess without seeing it, but long toss and walk throughs come without the presser of "throwing strikes". My experience is that when they toe the rubber, they slow things down to "throw strikes".

Aug 21, 2008
So my DD has great velocity long toss and "walk ups" but sometimes she struggles to bring this to her "off the rubber" deliveries. Other times she carries it over no problem. I think she maybe overstrides, any quick fixes? Or common problems here. No video as of yet. Its hit or miss.

Sounds like the problem is between her ears. The mental side is quite the paradox, it's both the most important part and the least covered part of a pitcher's training.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee