Best overhand throwing basic instructions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2019
Does anyone have a good reasonably brief throwing instructional video? Ill be honest here, I dont know the first thing about teaching my kids tbe right way.

Nov 18, 2015
In previous posts, I think you said your daughter is around 9 or 10. So not a beginner? Or are you also coaching a younger team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2019
In previous posts, I think you said your daughter is around 9 or 10. So not a beginner? Or are you also coaching a younger team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She will be 10 in march but is a begginer. They wouldn’t let her play up in 10u as an 8 year old and didn’t play last year because of school s covid policy. Her whole class is in the same boat. I may coach or help her rec team this spring.

Dec 2, 2019
Austin Wasserman (High Level Throwing) is where it's at. Start here...https://www.highlevelthrowing.com/softball-throwing-drills/
I've been working the water bottle drill a bunch with my 8 year old. She watched too many college highlight videos and started falling in love with throwing side arm.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've been working the water bottle drill a bunch with my 8 year old. She watched too many college highlight videos and started falling in love with throwing side arm.

Learning to throw from different arms slots is a good skill, but building solid overhand throwing mechanics first is critical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2