Best college softball game ever (that is NOT the Oklahoma/FL marathon :))

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
That I've seen?

2009 Illinois HS State Championship. 0-0 for 17.5 innings, then we won in the bottom of the 18th. ;) That was a fun one to be in the dugout.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
When Long Beach State beat UCLA for the first time. After there pitcher Debbie Doom struckout 24 of our batters in 11 innings.

Could have mentioned an intense opening game at the 1986 college world series
Long Beach vs Fullerton....
Or many other battles like one that lasted 28 innings. ( yeah no international tiebreaker rule yet)
However the entire softball nation took notice of Long Beach State when we beat UCLA for the first time.
Never under estimate scrappy determination!!!!

WooHoo one of my favorite memories!!!! :)

Nov 26, 2019
When Long Beach State beat UCLA for the first time. After there pitcher Debbie Doom struckout 24 of our batters in 11 innings.

Could have mentioned an intense opening game at the 1986 college world series
Long Beach vs Fullerton....
Or many other battles like one that lasted 28 innings. ( yeah no international tiebreaker rule yet)
However the entire softball nation took notice of Long Beach State when we beat UCLA for the first time.
Never under estimate scrappy determination!!!!

WooHoo one of my favorite memories!!!! :)
Gotta love the underdog! I’m hoping to send my kids some full games to watch in their downtime. These sound great (I’m guessing this would be hard to find, but man...what battles!).

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Gotta love the underdog! I’m hoping to send my kids some full games to watch in their downtime. These sound great (I’m guessing this would be hard to find, but man...what battles!).
Have 3 games from 1987 that were televised..
Think they were broadcast on a UHF Channel ha!
Were on VHS tapes,
Had them transferred to dvd.

If there was a place to upload an archive of games that would be neat!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802