Best bat for a slapper/most balanced bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2015
Any opinions on the best balanced weight bat for barrel control? Open to new or older models.

Jun 11, 2012
My DD started slapping with an LXT and eventually switched to a Xeno and now a 2020 Ghost.
that being said the best bat for her is the bat that feels best in her hands. My DD prefers heavier bats, she always has. When she was younger many coaches tried to get her to go down in bat size/weight and then after a few at bats realized that swinging the bigger bat produced better results.
The same is true for a player who prefers lighter bats. If it works and she likes it go with it

Apr 26, 2015
My DD started slapping with an LXT and eventually switched to a Xeno and now a 2020 Ghost.
that being said the best bat for her is the bat that feels best in her hands. My DD prefers heavier bats, she always has. When she was younger many coaches tried to get her to go down in bat size/weight and then after a few at bats realized that swinging the bigger bat produced better results.
The same is true for a player who prefers lighter bats. If it works and she likes it go with it

My DD started slapping with an LXT as well, took a very short detour using a Demarini slapper (too quiet - haha) and has now found her groove with a Xeno. She probably would have liked to give the Ghost a try but the org she plays for only allows Louisville and Demarini bats. She loves the slightly end loaded feel.

May 21, 2014
cf-9 slapper (purple). If your kid can handle it get an inch longer than usual and use a bumper on the bottom. Demarini adds length in the barrel so every inch longer is an inch longer barrel.

Jul 22, 2015
cf-9 slapper (purple). If your kid can handle it get an inch longer than usual and use a bumper on the bottom. Demarini adds length in the barrel so every inch longer is an inch longer barrel.

That's actually what she's using now and she likes it. Just trying to figure out what's next since they aren't making the slapper anymore.

Jun 19, 2012
That's actually what she's using now and she likes it. Just trying to figure out what's next since they aren't making the slapper anymore.

The drop 11 is still the slapper just doesn't say it any more just like the FNX is the insane without the insane name still an end loaded bat.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

The Slapper was a drop10 with a tad more weight to the hands and like a tiny bit bigger barrel.

With how balanced CFs are...she should be fine with a regular drop10 I would think. She might even get a
little more drive behind the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812