Belly button ring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD wants hers done but frequently head first fives while stealing bases so she’s waiting until she graduates.
She has 6 piercings in one ear, 4 in the other, 2 tattoos and a nose ring. The only think I don’t like is the nose ring but she’s 20 so I really have no say.

Dec 11, 2010
Definitely not a slam on tattoos- my oldest dd got one when she had to leave the game before she wanted to (injury) and it ties in to her faith. It just doesn’t seem like a decision you make until you have some miles under your belt and know who you are.

Me though.... not so much... I have to hire someone to decide what color to paint my walls. Have no “art” running through my veins at all, I guess I’m so boring that I just can’t pull it off, lol.

ETA: My dd felt like she was reborn after leaving softball. It was a big part of her life and it got away from her quick. It was a tough time for her and I love that she memorialized coming out the other end better.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I always thought it was kind of silly when umpires made girls remove all earrings, necklaces, etc... until I witnessed our LFer slam full speed sideways into a weirdly-shaped field with a chain link fence and poke her earring through her neck. In addition to a concussion, she was bleeding profusely through the neck. It was gnarly. But I'm a little squeamish about piercings anyway.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm sure there's plenty here who will disagree with this, and with me. I think belly button rings look gaudy, and scream look at me! But I'm old, and I'm sure most here could care less what I think!

They kind of remind me of those tattoo's on the small of the back......what are they called? The name of that particular art escapes me at the moment? :rolleyes:

Jun 11, 2012
I'm sure there's plenty here who will disagree with this, and with me. I think belly button rings look gaudy, and scream look at me! But I'm old, and I'm sure most here could care less what I think!

They kind of remind me of those tattoo's on the small of the back......what are they called? The name of that particular art escapes me at the moment? :rolleyes:
I believe the phrase you are looking for is tramp stamp.
I think some girls can tastefully have a belly ring and not draw all kinds of attention solely based on how they dress to begin with.

Jun 4, 2014
On the topic of tattoos and young people...

I always pointed out to mine that what you think is cool at one stage of your life isn’t what you think is cool later.

For mine, all I had to say was “Do you still think Suite Life of Zach and Cody is awesome?” Care to wear that tee shirt to the mall today?

While I thought hair bands were cool pack in the day, I keep my Zebra and Cinderella songs for when I’m alone in the car.
Love this!

Apr 28, 2014

Don't disagree at all and many young people feel the same.

May 27, 2013
Hahaha - I got my belly button pierced at age 42 and totally rocked it! However, I don’t walk around in cutoff shirts that bare my midriff. I also do not have a tramp stamp (terrible name for a pierce of art, btw). I have 3 tattoos and all have very special meanings behind them. One I actually drew the template for.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for all the replies!

I spoke with my DD about it, suggested she wait until August when softball is over to revisit the decision, as she started training again. If at that time she still wants to do it, I'm ok with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee