Bella 2025 Swing analysis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2017
I been a member for years and always enjoyed the information that was shared good or bad.
DD coming off a right calf strain caused some poor compensation within her swing. She is looking to have a busy summer and looking to focus on her development. She have dreams of competing at the highest levels. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Hard to tell much from this angle. Looks to have a tendency to miss under. Everything up to contact looks good. Barrel looks to get vertical after contact and some chicken wing with the lead arm. Those movements may be caused by the right calf strain you mentioned. She looks really strong. What are her tendencies when she’s not going good?

May 20, 2017
Hard to tell much from this angle. Looks to have a tendency to miss under. Everything up to contact looks good. Barrel looks to get vertical after contact and some chicken wing with the lead arm. Those movements may be caused by the right calf strain you mentioned. She looks really strong. What are her tendencies when she’s not going good?
Yes they are tricky have
These are the pitching machine people don't like. Very hard to time. Looks like a lot of high pit
Yes
These are the pitching machine people don't like. Very hard to time. Looks like a lot of high pitches
Yes these machines can be difficult we had the Setting on middle but locations varies. I like it because the machine m create a lot of spin so if bat path isn’t correct it will cause issues.
She chicken wings on inside pitches guessing trying to pull the barrel in some .
She struggles after bad calls when she have to stretch the strike zone. She injured her right calf so she wasn’t able to maintain ground force causing her to be pushy.
Typically pretty consistent double hitters when she is comfortable with the strikezone.

May 20, 2017
Sorry answered your question below. While she was hurt had a hard time getting her hips cleared wasn’t able to dig and maintained ground force

May 21, 2014
her lower back looks stiff/tight. Bet if you get her to relax it (girls don't like to "slouch") she will seem a bit more fluid. Could also ask her to grunt when she feels her force is maximized. This audible clue will help relax her back as a release.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I would like to see this from the side (to confirm her stride length, and lack of bat drag), but that 'may' be the best swing I've seen on here.

Brings knee up vs. hip.
Coils inward, lands on bent front knee.
Rear forearm flat at toe touch. Bat in good position.
Doesnt throw the hands away from the armpit after toe touch.

She's rusty, probably causing her to be mostly late. This is timing only, and maybe not a technique issue. Reps. Again, I need to see from the side, to verify technique.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017
I would like to see this from the side (to confirm her stride length, and lack of bat drag), but that 'may' be the best swing I've seen on here.

Brings knee up vs. hip.
Coils inward, lands on bent front knee.
Rear forearm flat at toe touch. Bat in good position.
Doesnt throw the hands away from the armpit after toe touch.

She's rusty, probably causing her to be mostly late. This is timing only, and maybe not a technique issue. Reps. Again, I need to see from the side, to verify technique.
Thanks appreciate your compliment.

May 20, 2017
her lower back looks stiff/tight. Bet if you get her to relax it (girls don't like to "slouch") she will seem a bit more fluid. Could also ask her to grunt when she feels her force is maximized. This audible clue will help relax her back as a release.
Love the insight. I see her stance when she starts look uncomfortable. Does breathing solve all tension could it be something mechanical?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802