Being trown out of game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have never been thrown out of a game, but I did get close once. We were playing in a Championship game at a tournament and I didn't care for some of the calls that the home plate umpire was making. I typically try to stay calm and really don't argue much. But I found out that the umpire was the grandfather of the pitcher for the opposing team. That was too much for me.... I said some things I probably should not have. We had a chat, but then I walked away before he could toss me. I realized that I was wasting my time.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Never been tossed, been warned 10+ times though. Back in the 12U days I was the AC, the HC was this scrappy 140 lb. bulldog who never knew when to quit! He was a truck driver who drove every night, 3rd shift. He would get to the ball field on Saturday mornings straight from driving 600+ (?) miles pumped up on a coffee high and ready to go. About the 3rd or 4th game he was fighting to keep from laying down on the dugout bench. All it took was that one bad call from an umpire and it was on!! I can't remember how many times I said in front of the girls to him "alright brother, I'll see ya in the parking lot!" I swear I think I HC'ed as many Saturday games as he did, he was a good coach, I miss those days.......sometimes! He drove from Charlotte, NC to West Virginia and back EVERY night 5 days a week every week, crazy!

Feb 27, 2017
Never been tossed, been warned 10+ times though. Back in the 12U days I was the AC, the HC was this scrappy 140 lb. bulldog who never knew when to quit! He was a truck driver who drove every night, 3rd shift. He would get to the ball field on Saturday mornings straight from driving 600+ (?) miles pumped up on a coffee high and ready to go. About the 3rd or 4th game he was fighting to keep from laying down on the dugout bench. All it took was that one bad call from an umpire and it was on!! I can't remember how many times I said in front of the girls to him "alright brother, I'll see ya in the parking lot!" I swear I think I HC'ed as many Saturday games as he did, he was a good coach, I miss those days.......sometimes! He drove from Charlotte, NC to West Virginia and back EVERY night 5 days a week every week, crazy!

sounds like a good dedicated coach!!!! my kind of guy!!! I bet he knew more about everything, never meet a truck driver that didn't. lol

Oct 7, 2015
I got tossed out of a game after it was over. It was a one run game and we wanted one more inning to get a chance to come back and win it. We had a minute left on the clock when the third out was made. The next inning is supposed to start as soon as the last out is made on the previous inning. Well this umpire thought it was close enough to call it.

I went to him and said he can't call the game with one minute left and I said this is "Bullshit". He said "What did you say?" I said this is "Bullshit" and then he said you're out of here. Whatever.. the game was over. None of the girls could hear me say that. It was just him and I at home plate at the time.

That was my only time getting tossed.

Jan 31, 2011
I got tossed out of a game after it was over. It was a one run game and we wanted one more inning to get a chance to come back and win it. We had a minute left on the clock when the third out was made. The next inning is supposed to start as soon as the last out is made on the previous inning. Well this umpire thought it was close enough to call it.

I went to him and said he can't call the game with one minute left and I said this is "Bullshit". He said "What did you say?" I said this is "Bullshit" and then he said you're out of here. Whatever.. the game was over. None of the girls could hear me say that. It was just him and I at home plate at the time.

That was my only time getting tossed.

This irritates me more than about anything. If you pay for a 90 minute game, it should be 90 minutes. Period. My advice is to tell the ump, "we agreed to 90 minutes at the coin toss. Were playing another inning per the rules." (make sure you start your clock at the same time they do so you know you're accurate). If not tell him you're filing a complaint witht he UIC or the tourney director. You paid good money to play and deserve a full 90 minute game.

Now, on the other hand, I use this as a coaching moment. Tell your team we can complain about the clock if were not hussling in and our of the dug out between innings. If were walking to our positions and not be quicjk about warm-ups then we have nothing to say. Clock management doesn't occur in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Feb 27, 2017
I was tossed this weekend, for telling the umps that their paying attention was horrible. i walk away and the ump calls me back, he follows me to the bench, i say it one more time. He said you're gone coach. Don't follow me. I'm trying to vent! lol should have been quite, they arent going to change anything after they talk. i'll learn and move on for next time. mooos fa mooos fa,

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
As a coach never been tossed. Really haven't come that close.

Once had to step in for DDs coach when he was tossed because his wife wouldn't shut up about calls. That was kind of funny. Ump said something like "one more word from your fans and I'm tossing you" to head coach. Opps.

Did get tossed in little league once for telling the ump "you f-ing suck". He did not take kindly to that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478