Beginning of the Thrower to Pitcher Transition?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
While I think this generally refers to mechanics, I had an interesting conversation with DD (12YO) on the way to yesterday's tournament. I asked her what she thought about when she is pitching. Fully expecting a response along the lines of "drive my knee up and get my stride foot down quick", she said "I think about what pitches worked well against the batter during their last at bat. If it's their first at bat I watch their swing before they get in the box." I was so surprised I didn't ask her to elaborate. Maybe that will be the discussion on the tournament commute next weekend.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
That is a very impressive answer.... if this is how she's wired at this age, and puts forth the same attention to detail in her mechanics as she does her preparation, she'll be a stud for sure!!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is not the best pitcher on our block. :)

She will play with strike zone finding out what ump will give her, can be a lot of fun sometimes.

Last year as long as the ball didn't hit the dirt it was a strike, umpire did not know what a low ball was. Opposing batters never had a chancè once she figured it out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802