Before You Commit To A Travel Team.....(inspired by chinamigarden)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
My daughter goes to a pitching/hitting coach. Will you interfere with what she is being taught by them?

Oct 2, 2015
How many batters per game? 9 or the whole roster of 15?
How many will play per game? 9 or 10, or the or equal time split up between the whole roster of 15? (Communist fastpitch)
How many of the coaches have kids on the team? Gotta love mommy and daddy ball...
How many of the coach's DDs have friends on the team?
Will girls be moved up to the Gold teams if they play at, or above the Gold team's level, or are they kept down in the Mudville 9 to keep the glorious girls in the spotlight on the Gold team?
Will there be any college coaches watching our team at the college showcase tournament? Or is our team playing back on the Okie Fanokie complex, with the newly hatched plague of mosquitoes, where no college coach in their right mind will ever be?
Will we be alternating between our 2 pitchers for the whole season? The one who is 6-2, whose dad only cheers for the whole team. And the other pitcher who is 1-6, whose dad only complains that his DD isn't pitching all of the time?
What are agreeable/acceptable reasons for a signed release to another team, or an early termination of the contract that we signed?
Just generic questions to be asked....:D

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
1. Do you subscribe to the Hanson Principle with regard to hitting and pitching mechanics?
B. Are players on your team eligible to play for the DFP Diamond Elite Platinum team?

;)

If your kid is good enough to tryout and play for a DFP Diamond Elite team, the only questions that need to be asked concern seasonal beer preferences.

Oct 2, 2015
If your kid is good enough to tryout and play for a DFP Diamond Elite team, the only questions that need to be asked concern seasonal beer preferences.

Beer...Leinenkeugel's Big Butt Doppelbock...

Or luke warm Blatz fresh out of the '44 I-H toolbox...

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2012
How about:

If I give you a questionnaire of 75 questions on how you run your team, will yu still take my DD on your team?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
How about:

If I give you a questionnaire of 75 questions on how you run your team, will still take my DD on your team?

Undoubtedly, somebody will zerox this list and hand it to a coach someday. I know it'll happen. They'll google something, this will pop up and they will copy/paste/print and hand to the coach during tryouts. I'd love to see the look on the coach's face when they get it, though. That'd be priceless!

Nov 1, 2013
I might have missed this one, but I remember asking how many games did you or your coaching staff get ejected from a game? Hummm???

Helped me understand the team game culture.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee