Batting tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
What is the most durable batting tee out there. I am going through at least one a year. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love the UtiliTee by Bownet, but the ball-holders aren't very durable (I have tried their 3 different types). Otherwise, the structure of the tee is very good.

That said, my current on-field tee is a Tanner.

Jan 29, 2016
I am liking the tanner tee. Not sure I like the brush type ball holder. That atec one looks like it should hold up. So is the standard tanner tee the one I need? Or I see there is a tanner heavy. Is it just the base that is a different weight?

Jan 29, 2016
I am liking the tanner tee. Not sure I like the brush type ball holder. That atec one looks like it should hold up. So is the standard tanner tee the one I need? Or I see there is a tanner heavy. Is it just the base that is a different weight?

The brush type holder I am speaking of is on the utilitee by bownet.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The brush type holder I am speaking of is on the utilitee by bownet.

I have been through 2 versions of the UtiliTee brush ball holder. They aren't very durable. The second one had a change in materials that was a little bit better, but it still failed (10U-12U TB team use). UtiliTee also has a wrap-style top option. That failed, too. There is a "mesh" top that Bownet sent me, as well. It hasn't gotten the amount of uses as the others, but it seems like it might be the best option.

I bought the "short" version of the Tanner tee to allow for low-ball work. Since the stem and base unscrew from each other easily, and use standard 1" pipe thread, I picked up a 10" long galvanized pipe nipple and coupling which I can add when needed for working on higher pitches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802