Batting ques

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
.At what point are you suggesting the barrel is ABOVE the hands. Not at contact, right? So when?

It SEEMS like you are telling her is to control the barrel with her hands, which I think is a very good thing. It's the word 'above' that is throwing me off. Like Eric i tend to instruct a diagonal barrel at contact which would place the barrel BELOW than hands. But we may be talking about different things.

Overall, I agree with others that any cue that works for a particular hitter is a good cue -- regardless of what others think of them! BUT, cues that encourage wrong behaviors, even if they work for a while, might ultimately burn in something that you DON'T want.
I use the cue, as in keeping the barrel in a more verticle or stacked orientation till you get to launch. Other wise she has a tendency to pre maturally flatten her barrel behind her which causes other issues.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use the cue, as in keeping the barrel in a more verticle or stacked orientation till you get to launch. Other wise she has a tendency to pre maturally flatten her barrel behind her which causes other issues.
This is a reasonable application of the cue. I don't have an issue it, in that context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28