batted ball sits on home plate fair or foul ball ? the ump called it foul

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Lettingth
Well...i keep saying this,
Doesnt matter what the rules are...
the umpire is always right.

Best thing on the field is
~Play the ball.
~Finish the play.
Let the umpire figure out what they want to do.
Sometimes the play can influence the outcome.

Letting the umpire call the game instead of acting as their assistant is a real training issue.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
As a coach I would immediately ask the umpire for an explanation. Did the umpire truly blow the call? Or did something else happen that I did not see? Such as making contact with the bat.

Feb 3, 2016
Don't want to speak for Quasi. I really like his posts and topics!

I agree a coach that doesn't know what a fair ball is and needs to default to an Umpire that is equally inept that coach shouldn't be wearing a shirt with huge block letters spelling out coach on the back.
Might as well be the 3rd umpire in the game backing up bad calls or at least not questioning them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My brother just had this argument with an umpire this past weekend. My brother was a long time ump of over 30 years. The plate umpire refused to understand the argument about the foul lines and how all of the plate is in fair territory.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My brother just had this argument with an umpire this past weekend. My brother was a long time ump of over 30 years. The plate umpire refused to understand the argument about the foul lines and how all of the plate is in fair territory.
Geeez what happens come time to renew drivers license?!

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines

Here is a hypothetical for you.

That umpire has a batter at the plate, bases loaded, who swings and chops a ball down, bouncing off the plate. The runner stands in the box. The ball bounces straight up, the catcher fields the ball directly above home-plate, touches the runner in the box, then steps on home plate for the force. In the mean time, the runner slides into home as the catcher throws to 3B for the "force out". What is his call; fair or foul? Anything else?

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines

Here is a hypothetical for you.

That umpire has a batter at the plate, bases loaded, who swings and chops a ball down, bouncing off the plate. The runner stands in the box. The ball bounces straight up, the catcher fields the ball directly above home-plate, touches the runner in the box, then steps on home plate for the force. In the mean time, the runner slides into home as the catcher throws to 3B for the "force out". What is his call; fair or foul? Anything else?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee