Bat Weight Database

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
2022 Louisville Xeno 31/20 (-11) 21.7 Oz.

Please PM bat weights to me.

Is there any weights on a 2022 LXT 33/23? Sorry if someone posted it I didn't see it.

All weights will be listed in the first 2 posts at the top of the thread. If it's not posted, that means I haven't received data on that particular bat.

Weighed about 30 ADVs for the database

Getting those added to the list today. Thank you for data!! :D

Last edited:
May 27, 2022
What I have always wanted to know is the moment of inertia - how 'hard' is it to rotate the bat. That would help define the difference between end loaded and balanced.

Can that be added to the published information?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What I have always wanted to know is the moment of inertia - how 'hard' is it to rotate the bat. That would help define the difference between end loaded and balanced.

How would someone measure that?

As for adding additional information to the existing data, I don't see how that could happen.

May 27, 2022
How would someone measure that?

As for adding additional information to the existing data, I don't see how that could happen.

The guess the equivalent would be the center of gravity from the knob of the bat. (but 'moment of inertia' sounds more technical than 'knob of bat' ;) )

OR, the percentage of the bat's weight on each end of the bat: higher percentage on the knob is easier to swing / higher percentage on the barrel end is more force transferred to the ball.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Yeah, thats on whoever. This is just a weight thread for people to get an idea what a size bat physically weighs.

Its hard enough to get bat weight info :D

Those numbers would be so arbitrary because you have no idea the person doing it is doing it
exactly right or getting those numbers exactly right

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
The guess the equivalent would be the center of gravity from the knob of the bat. (but 'moment of inertia' sounds more technical than 'knob of bat' ;) )

OR, the percentage of the bat's weight on each end of the bat: higher percentage on the knob is easier to swing / higher percentage on the barrel end is more force transferred to the ball.

The chance of getting that info on bats already on list is zero. Other than the bats I've personally purchased for my DD, and a few others than have come though my hands for friends, the existing weight data has been provided to me by DFP'ers over the last 8+ years.

The chance of getting accurate and consistent measurements on that for the future is a fraction of a percent more than zero.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812