Bat Weight Database

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Had an interesting conversation with DeMarini / Louisville Slugger tech support on bat static weight vs swing weight (moment of inertia) (link with info on MOI)...

[ME:]
I've scoured your product details and cannot find the moment of inertia (MOI) data on your bat line up. I've found these details on baseball bats, but not fast pitch bats. I would very much like to compare the following bats so if you could help, I would really appreciate it.

Please tell me the MOI for a 33" drop 11 on each bat:

DeMarini 2019 CF ZEN
DeMarini 2018 CFX

LS 2019 LXT X19
LS 2019 XENO X19
LS 2018 LXT
LS 2018 XENO

[DeMarini / Louisville Slugger support]
The actual MOI data for bats is not published by ourselves. The weight as listed on the sticker is the approximate “swing weight” of the bat, as opposed to its static weight / scale weight, but it is not exact since the products are hand-made.

Between the Xeno, LXT and CFX the CFX will swing the lightest if comparing the same drop and length. The new CF Zen will weigh slightly less than the CFX, but by roughly 0.2 oz which shouldn’t feel to much of a difference at all. If there is anything else please feel free to reply. Thank you and have a great day.

Note that the dark blue is a big deal and NOT what most bat purchasers understand...

[ME]
Thank you for the information, but I don't feel that it is completely accurate. The Xeno models are consistently statically heavier than their DeMarini counter parts for equivalent sticker weights. That would imply that the Xeno's swing lighter than DeMarini's for equivalent static weights.

Are you saying that you don't test MOI or are you saying that you do capture it, but do not publish it? If not, is the MOI data tracked and recorded anywhere? Do the governing bodies require this information and is it possible for a user to request the information? It would be very helpful for making an informed decision so if there is anyway possible to acquire this information, please let me know.

No response from them yet...

Personally I think that it would be good to start a twitter campaign to leverage get them to release the moment of inertia data for which we could then pressure the other manufacturers to also comply. Problem is I'm not a twitter guy and can barely even DM people :eek:. If anyone has an idea how I/we can get a tweet in front of the masses, please let me know... Maybe there is a facebook angle???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802