Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
What did he say about high heat, I believe he said it feels like it's rising. How does he handle that, he stays on top of the ball, attacks it from the top and stay through the ball.

Did you like what he had to say at 7:41?

I can’t help but to think about the buzzer controversy while watching that video..... With the way Bergman is describing his swing thoughts he better know what pitch is coming or else he is going to go 0fer quite often .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 12, 2016
I can’t help but to think about the buzzer controversy while watching that video..... With the way Bergman is describing his swing thoughts he better know what pitch is coming or else he is going to go 0fer quite often .

Yeah that's pretty insane.. I believe he was talking about a pitchers bread a butter pitch.. but damn, I mean a lot of pitchers have high heat and a breaking pitch in their hip pocket.

Jul 29, 2013
What did he say about high heat, I believe he said it feels like it's rising. How does he handle that, he stays on top of the ball, attacks it from the top and stay through the ball.

I've used the DiCarlo swing drill to emphasize keeping the hands higher than the ball and swinging the bat beneath the hands. Physics backs up the reaction of applying upward torque and the barrel rotating under the hands as the result. Adjustments are then made in one (downward) direction by changing the radius.
Keeping the hands high is critical to hitting high pitches. If the hands are low and then raised, the bat swings under the hands and only gets back to the high pitch at a steep angle of attack causing timing issues due to the short coincidental paths.
On low pitches with hands high, the barrel is rotated downward on a larger radius and then into the ball path when the hands are pulled rearward.
The same one direction adjustability applies when chopping down (tomahawk) but there is a period of indecision where the ball flight can be up or down and if you guess wrong or not picking pitches, you're toast. (especially in fast pitch)

7:40 yep, if you try to hit the sinker deep, you'll need a sand wedge.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
Yeah that's pretty insane.. I believe he was talking about a pitchers bread a butter pitch.. but damn, I mean a lot of pitchers have high heat and a breaking pitch in their hip pocket.

Just giving him a hard time..... he seems to be a good person. He sponsors a friend of mine’s team and makes an appearance every now and then.... He may be a cheater in baseball but he does seem like a genuinely kind person.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

At 2:40 of this this video try using a tee to see if you can duplicate what the inventor is doing with his fancy tee.

- HITTING the Baseball, WATCH and Learn - Sports Science Original 1994!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802