Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
not sure what this proves. Nothing really. That the obliques need a leverage point? Sure they do. So do the legs !! LOL. No one said they don’t.

If you want to talk about the obliques leverage point. You shoulda asked. I told you 100 posts back, the hands are leverage for the obliques as well as the pelvis.

We already went over the hips moving first. That’s slack removal bc the rear leg is anchored. It’s not open the legs-open the pelvis-open the trunk and drag the bat through.
Anchor points...
rear is in the chair.
Feet are on the ground.
Both have friction to resist movement.

Definitely open...open....open....drag.
What would be the alternative?
Close, close, push?
(that's actually the motions that you've been describing so I think you may believe that works...and it does, but nobody does it)

PS. the obliques can't turn the pelvis when they're downstream from the anchor point.
How can the hands anchor anything? Are you standing on them or holding on to some anchored object?
Wile E.gif

Jul 29, 2013
There is a lot more to Fascia than that....... like did you know that it contains SSC properties...... Keep digging you may like what you find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, its springy and such.
Build it up in the weight room with heavy weights.

Aug 20, 2017
Rear glute driving begins pelvis rotation, pelvis rotation sends energy to the core, pelvis decelerates which causes core to accelerate, core decelerates which causes arms/shoulders to accelerate, arms/shoulders decelerate which cause hands/bat to accelerate, hands decelerate which causes barrel to accelerate.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
JD, was either late getting to his leveraged position or behind in the count.. Either way he made a nice adjustment with his hands.

moMvSfn.gif

Jul 29, 2013
Rear glute driving begins pelvis rotation, pelvis rotation sends energy to the core, pelvis decelerates which causes core to accelerate, core decelerates which causes arms/shoulders to accelerate, arms/shoulders decelerate which cause hands/bat to accelerate, hands decelerate which causes barrel to accelerate.
The deceleration of the pelvis isn't why the core accelerates .... the pelvis slows because the core jumps on its back and accelerates itself at the expense of the pelvis. The pelvis also slows because the legs, which are the reason the pelvis is rotating, reach the limit of their range of motion.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Get leveraged fyb and allow the obliques (core) to swing (contract) the bat "down to".

J1c5pt0.png

I3lbNro.gif

Dn3mgsS.gif

DoMGI9d.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Getting leveraged allows for the internal/external obliques to be engaged. Its why Carp and others speak the importance of the hitting position.. The position leverages all available resources to swing the bat.

KIInqE1.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802