Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
The GFR is via his rear sitting on the chair and the chair sitting on the ground.
@ shawn is the chair moving at all when you do the movement?
Is the chair anchored?

Bobby you really need to look into Biotensegrity...... we are much more than just Fulcrums & Levers.

Edit: You seem to be a smart person...... it may change your whole way of thinking about this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
NO LEGS.
Seatbelts are allowed. Legs together off floor.
Not able to leverage the legs.
This needs to be a highly controlled experiment.
Otherwise the results could be misleading.

not sure what this proves. Nothing really. That the obliques need a leverage point? Sure they do. So do the legs !! LOL. No one said they don’t.

If you want to talk about the obliques leverage point. You shoulda asked. I told you 100 posts back, the hands are leverage for the obliques as well as the pelvis.

We already went over the hips moving first. That’s slack removal bc the rear leg is anchored. It’s not open the legs-open the pelvis-open the trunk and drag the bat through.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Tried it with using the legs. With the legs there is leverage for the torso and swing.

Tried with a bat and no legs, movement just cancels itself.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This has me thinking. If the guy with no arms and legs is walking, then is the torso showing the same movement pattern as with someone using the legs and arms? Or is the pelvis and shoulder girdle movement just completely exaggerated?

Jul 29, 2013
Bobby you really need to look into Biotensegrity...... we are much more than just Fulcrums & Levers.

Edit: You seem to be a smart person...... it may change your whole way of thinking about this stuff.

But I don't know what I don't know yet. Still learning and questioning everything.
Years ago, I was at the batting cages and saw a guy with a shirt that had a picture of the Santa Maria and the caption...
"Class of 1491. Question everything. Never stop learning."

I've seen all the fascia stuff and agree that it's good to not have all your internals sloshing all around.
But in the end, the bones are levers and the joints are hinges to use as fulcrums. Muscles only contract to apply force (or resist it)
Swinging a bat requires leverage and application perpendicular force to create rotation.....conservation of angular(rotational) momentum....torque.
Simple stuff.
santamarialoc.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
This has me thinking. If the guy with no arms and legs is walking, then is the torso showing the same movement pattern as with someone using the legs and arms? Or is the pelvis and shoulder girdle movement just completely exaggerated?
Both. Same pattern, but exaggerated movement due to different lengths of levers.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
But I don't know what I don't know yet. Still learning and questioning everything.
Years ago, I was at the batting cages and saw a guy with a shirt that had a picture of the Santa Maria and the caption...
"Class of 1491. Question everything. Never stop learning."

I've seen all the fascia stuff and agree that it's good to not have all your internals sloshing all around.
But in the end, the bones are levers and the joints are hinges to use as fulcrums. Muscles only contract to apply force (or resist it)
Swinging a bat requires leverage and application perpendicular force to create rotation.....conservation of angular(rotational) momentum....torque.
Simple stuff.
View attachment 18075

There is a lot more to Fascia than that....... like did you know that it contains SSC properties...... Keep digging you may like what you find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802