Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
sXpt5E.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP - obliques create the change of direction very suddenly. It turns the rearward to forward and the down to level.

qTTmgF.gif

Let me ask you this. And anyone familiar with this "core movement" can chime in. Have you ever lifted weights? And I mean seriously lifted weights. Bench substantially more than your body weight? Squat more than double your body weight?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Exactly what is needed. Flat hands. Cannot rotate the forearms to TTB

If you have seen any of my posts, my focus has always been on getting palm up quickly, deeply. Get on plane deep and stay on plane. Exactly what JD is demonstrating. Yeah I know. Completely different, but still the same ;)

May 3, 2014
If you have seen any of my posts, my focus has always been on getting palm up quickly, deeply. Get on plane deep and stay on plane. Exactly what JD is demonstrating. Yeah I know. Completely different, but still the same ;)
I don't think I said that at all. I am just making the point that you cannot rotate your forearms. Either you one plane swing like Trout or you 2 plane it like Bonds. And all he does is get flat very quickly and then the barrel syncs up with the change of direction.

May 3, 2014
@FP26
If I were to make a note of the differences in the way we think it's that I think the obliques create the change of direction. The more sudden the better. And I think you feel the bigger muscles do that.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't think I said that at all. I am just making the point that you cannot rotate your forearms. Either you one plane swing like Trout or you 2 plane it like Bonds. And all he does is get flat very quickly and then the barrel syncs up with the change of direction.

You didn't. But your new buddies have repeatedly. Even when I explain it 30 different times they still try to lump me in with your old buddy. The "getting flat very quickly" is the point I have been trying to get across all along. Maybe your new buddies will listen to you because they dont seem to believe me when I tell them the exact same thing. 🤔🤔🤔

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
@FP26
If I were to make a note of the differences in the way we think it's that I think the obliques create the change of direction. The more sudden the better. And I think you feel the bigger muscles do that.
Close. I think that you think the obliques act first. My view is that the entire torso including the obliques acts simultaneously. There is no delay between one and the other.

May 3, 2014
You didn't. But your new buddies have repeatedly. Even when I explain it 30 different times they still try to lump me in with your old buddy. The "getting flat very quickly" is the point I have been trying to get across all along. Maybe your new buddies will listen to you because they dont seem to believe me when I tell them the exact same thing. 🤔🤔🤔
I have a lot of buddies...new and old. And I'm old so I am my own best old buddy...
But, I consider you a buddy too.

So, by association my buddies are your buddies too!

May 3, 2014
Close. I think that you think the obliques act first. My view is that the entire torso including the obliques acts simultaneously. There is no delay between one and the other.
Yes I absolutely feel the obliques create the change of direction. I have tried pretty much everything under the sun. I video me almost everytime I try something out so I have something to go by. I don't really care what is happening only the feel of what is happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802