Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I would set the pulley at the height of your hands at launch position
Then you can be like Aaron Judge. While some mild oblique strains can be resolved in just a few days, severe strains can require surgery with a recovery time of 3-4 months.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Is this you?
The barrel is in a lagged position and then is released (wrist uncock) mainly by the weight of the bat. Some may actively snap their wrist while others may let the weight of the bat do the work. That pulse thing some were talking about. Actually some would have the body release feeling (effortless power that Donaldson speaks of) Where the lower torso has done its work and the upper torso (shoulder line /triangle or pentagon) resisted and then is released effortlessly sorta.

Nov 16, 2017
Then you can be like Aaron Judge. While some mild oblique strains can be resolved in just a few days, severe strains can require surgery with a recovery time of 3-4 months.

Your right, you should never exercise or lift weights cause you could get hurt. If fact it is probably best to just stay at home in bed. Oh yeah covid 19 too.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Shoulders and arms can't do the pulling. They are weak comparatively and that is why she/you felt some pain. It is like your shoulders and arms are locked into place. The bottom hand is pulling but it is an extension from your core.

Check out this video. He locks his arms out but batters should hold the triangle.

Thanks, looks to be still alot of pressure on his deltoid. But i think if i do the towel drill with DD she can get the same feel as this. thanks.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I am guessing the front side isn't leveraged before using the core..

qsJ68wT.gif
So does that mean get more into front side before launch? Maybe have her do her move out, and hold, then swing? Just to get the feel?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So does that mean get more into front side before launch? Maybe have her do her move out, and hold, then swing? Just to get the feel?

Correct, tough to use the obliques on the front side without being leveraged.

k4xI3PF.gif

Jul 29, 2013
I am guessing the front side isn't leveraged before using the core..

qsJ68wT.gif
Here's some fun facts:
A tennis ball weighs between 1.98 and 2.1 oz
Softball weighs between 6.2 and 7 oz.
Tennis rackets weigh between 8 and 12 oz.
Average tennis racket swing weight is 300-400 kg/ cm squared
Baseball bat swing weight is 8000-9000 oz/in squared
Softball coefficient of return (COR) ,47
Tennis ball COR .73 - .77
Andy Roddick tennis ball serve 155mph max.
Speed at perfect 26 degree launch angle to hit a softball over a 200ft fence =63mph
How much force does it take for Andy to hit 155mph vs. your dd to go yard?

Reactions: TDS
Jul 29, 2013
The barrel is in a lagged position and then is released (wrist uncock) mainly by the weight of the bat. Some may actively snap their wrist while others may let the weight of the bat do the work. That pulse thing some were talking about. Actually some would have the body release feeling (effortless power that Donaldson speaks of) Where the lower torso has done its work and the upper torso (shoulder line /triangle or pentagon) resisted and then is released effortlessly sorta.
Can you tell me what the force is that causes the bat to release...extend....propel forward..... rotate....... because I see the weight of the bat as a resistance to release. Doesn't the very term "release" insinuate a build up of energy? What's the source? How is is stored? I can't see "lag" as the storage of anything but forward momentum and that only reaches 30mph is as measured by various bat sensors. So where does barrel speed come from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28