Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
You’re pulling a mud again.. 😆😆

first it tells you what’s responsible for the PPT. Then just goes on to say that the hips GET thrusted violently etc. hahaha. It Already told you how!!! Gosh Mud !! I don’t know how many times you have not listened fully to a tutorial or came up with your own ‘perspective’ on things. This happens all the time. I used to think you had a comprehension problem. But I know now your just slippery when wet !!

It says ‘ as the torso rotates violently as a result of the obliques contracting .. ‘ this also pulls the pelvis up into PPT’ no one is thrusting the hips !!!

What's so good about posterior tilt? What does is it do?

Apr 11, 2015
I'm finding it so much easier to let others teach y'all what you don't understand wrt efficient, and natural body movements and swing mechanics....

So he's telling you that..."You also what to be preparing yourself to use the skate furthest away from the goal, around the inside edge to dig into the ice, to help you generate that power and that push to be able to get the most momentum, and power out of the slap shot".

Does that just about cover hockey now? How about we replace "skate" with "foot" -- "goal" with "pitcher" -- "ice" with "ground", and "the slap shot" with "swinging a baseball or softball bat". Does that sentence then sound about right? You tell me.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, in all of them, the stripes on the shirts move the same, following the stripes on the shorts in all of the clips. Was looking for that Ueno clip from behind that SB uses that shows the hips leading the upper half and arm but couldn't find it.
WqRwpJy.gif

Feb 25, 2020
Completes the contraction and extends the hips. And as you mentioned before gives it the late bat speed burst. imo the swing needs to be anchored tightly to the ground or space to get that full benefit.

How does that translate to the bat? Pulling the pelvis closer to the rib cage. What good do the hips do if they just get sucked up by the obliques?
Screenshot_20200524-095546.png

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
How does that translate to the bat? Pulling the pelvis closer to the rib cage. What good do the hips do if they just get sucked up by the obliques?
View attachment 18018
Ever pound a nail with a hammer? What do your wrists do to accelerate the hammer? When you do that right before contact, you have 'pop'. The ball jumps off the bat and the sound is special.

Ever skip a rock?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
View attachment 18018

I don’t tend to want to know ‘why’. I’m more of a ‘how’ person and ‘for what’. I try things. If they make sense and a difference and match, I keep. If they don’t, I don’t. I learn a lot on here going through convos with everyone, including myself. If that makes sense. So I haven’t given much thought as to why. I am leaning more towards the system as a whole lately; Reciprocally; so imo it’s a reciprocal movement that gets maximized by the offsetting reciprocation. Sorry, not a grand answer.

May 3, 2014
Here we go again. ...
The torso is unchained and has no momentum with which to turn the pelvis during the stride. The pelvis starts turning because the back leg is in contact with the ground and externally rotates causing the pelvis to rotate in the opposite direction. The movement is due to the contraction of the glute medius.
View attachment 18010
The obliques rotate the pelvis first in a swing. W called it slack removal as opposed to "opening the front hip." Opening the front hip would be a leg action on the pelvis.

May 12, 2016
I'm finding it so much easier to let others teach y'all what you don't understand wrt efficient, and natural body movements and swing mechanics....

So he's telling you that..."You also what to be preparing yourself to use the skate furthest away from the goal, around the inside edge to dig into the ice, to help you generate that power and that push to be able to get the most momentum, and power out of the slap shot".

Does that just about cover hockey now? How about we replace "skate" with "foot" -- "goal" with "pitcher" -- "ice" with "ground", and "the slap shot" with "swinging a baseball or softball bat". Does that sentence then sound about right? You tell me.

That's brutal technique the guy is demonstrating... just sayin. Compare Kane's back leg to the guy demoing.. guy demoing is forcing that action

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28