Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hands staying in the plane of the shoulders, they stay inline of the shoulders/posture. Send the barrel down.

giphy.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hands staying in the plane of the shoulders, they stay inline of the shoulders/posture. Send the barrel down.

giphy.gif

hahaha. Look at the Miggy gif. The hands are not inline w the shoulders. That is a timing thing or a barrel set thing. Vertical bat angle varies with the shoulders. Handsy guys’ swings have varying degrees away from their shoulders. Miggy happens to be one of those guys. Mookie as well. The measurement is worthless.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
hahaha. Look at the Miggy gif. The hands are not inline w the shoulders. That is a timing thing or a barrel set thing. Vertical bat angle varies with the shoulders. Handsy guys’ swings have varying degrees away from their shoulders. Miggy happens to be one of those guys. Mookie as well. The measurement is worthless.

Funny, so your taking one adjustment in claiming it’s the truth. Just like the Clemente clip of him with his back foot a mile off the ground. Compared to the swings I posted.

Edit, wasn’t nice.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Funny, so your taking one adjustment in claiming it’s the truth. Just like the Clemente clip of him with his back foot a mile off the ground. Compared to the swings I posted. You do crack me up though.

there is an allotment of degrees one can be within to get ‘on plane’. That’s what I’m saying. All depends on set up, loading tendencies, timing. The swing doesn’t always start through the same angle as the shoulders. Especially for handsy guys. There are pros and cons for both.

it’s hard to find many absolutes that are actually absolutes.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Shawn,

I just don’t think that posture sets the plane of the swing. I think the hands do for most players. The shoulders will react to this and help to maintain what the hands want. Posture is important to keep the integrity of the swing plane. As well as having a dynamic swing plane.

what gets inline first? Hands? Shoulders? This swing is pretty steep right? Not on the plane of the shoulders until later right? Some guys maybe flip flopped.

I think the best use their hands more than most. I think intent plays a role as well. I compare it to golf. Some draw it, some cut it as their ‘go to’ shot. A lot of them can do both.

1606079898095.gif

edit: didn’t mean to offend. Apologies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802