Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I kinda like the idea of putting the answers in the qoute box in red as you're doing...saves space. So...

Thanks for the discussion, it's been a great one, but now go out and make your DD great! From what I've learned from and feel about you...I have great faith that you'll do just that. (y)

All the best always,
mud -
Same to you Mud! Be safe out there man..... Things are getting crazy!!!

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Thanks for posting the info. I’m really enjoying it.
Dang Mud!

I missed most of your post since it was embedded inside of my previous post lol....
Thanks for all of the advice in it though and sharing your experience through all the trials and tribulations. That was a very thoughtful post, so thank you for that.

My DD has worked with a TON of so called hitting guru's over the years. Some of the stuff she uses and some of the stuff she doesn't, it is totally her choice not mine. I am the type of person that will fly her across the country to work with someone if I feel that they could help her. More times than I care to mention, I spent a good bit of dough to get absolutely nothing from it except figuring out that they are just full of hot air. So I know exactly where you are coming from.

Thanks again!

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Sorry all. More baseball speak about the end of the bat path LOL.

- Very Common Baseball Hitting Mechanic Mistake | Strength vs. Speed

Jul 29, 2013
Mud,

Obviously I have bought in..... lol. So let me know if you actually read the book and you think it contains decent information or not because I haven’t read it. Attempting to leverage the fascial lines isn’t anything new. The guy that my DD trains with has been trying to figure it out for the last Four years or so. Right before the virus outbreak myself and DD went to his place to visit and to do some hitting. It was the first time in about 6 months that we were able to make the trip to see him. The first thing he tells me is “they figured it out”. I asked “who figured what out”. Then he told me what absolutes are needed to match High Level hitters. Since I was already familiar with the other stuff it was easy to see IMO.... So I have been working on it with my DD since. I asked who figured it out and he said he didn’t know but it is out there. It may have been Eugene that figured it out. I truly don’t know. I know 108 does talk about this stuff a lot though. I also know that you can talk to pretty much ANY technology type coach and they will be able to discuss the fascia stuff with you also. I’m just glad someone figured it out because it truly is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you describe exactly what the movements are that make "myofascial swings" different than what is conventionally thought to produce bat speed? Do you know any drills that focus on using the facial slings?

Jul 29, 2013
You're asking me to simply pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...because that's basically all muscles do, they lengthen and shorten...and that the great and powerful Oz Myofasical System is somehow a stronger or new fang-dangled replacement for them all of a sudden.

Do you accept this Googled definition of the "Myofasical System"...

...or what the myofasical tissue (fascia) do and/or are capable of doing (ie. the plastic wrap around the bungee cords)?
Here's more info on fascia... found by google search of "muscle." Nothing new here.
Microanatomy

Main articles: Myocyte and Sarcomere

A skeletal muscle fiber is surrounded by a plasma membrane called the sarcolemma, which contains sarcoplasm, the cytoplasm of muscle cells. A muscle fiber is composed of many fibrils, which give the cell its striated appearance.

Skeletal muscles are sheathed by a tough layer of connective tissue called the epimysium. The epimysium anchors muscle tissue to tendons at each end, where the epimysium becomes thicker and collagenous. It also protects muscles from friction against other muscles and bones. Within the epimysium are multiple bundles called fascicles, each of which contains 10 to 100 or more muscle fibers collectively sheathed by a perimysium. Besides surrounding each fascicle, the perimysium is a pathway for nerves and the flow of blood within the muscle. The threadlike muscle fibers are the individual muscle cells (myocytes), and each cell is encased within its own endomysium of collagen fibers. Thus, the overall muscle consists of fibers (cells) that are bundled into fascicles, which are themselves grouped together to form muscles. At each level of bundling, a collagenous membrane surrounds the bundle, and these membranes support muscle function both by resisting passive stretching of the tissue and by distributing forces applied to the muscle.[12] Scattered throughout the muscles are muscle spindles that provide sensory feedback information to the central nervous system. (This grouping structure is analogous to the organization of nerves which uses epineurium, perineurium, and endoneurium).

This same bundles-within-bundles structure is replicated within the muscle cells. Within the cells of the muscle are myofibrils, which themselves are bundles of protein filaments. The term "myofibril" should not be confused with "myofiber", which is a simply another name for a muscle cell. Myofibrils are complex strands of several kinds of protein filaments organized together into repeating units called sarcomeres. The striated appearance of both skeletal and cardiac muscle results from the regular pattern of sarcomeres within their cells. Although both of these types of muscle contain sarcomeres, the fibers in cardiac muscle are typically branched to form a network. Cardiac muscle fibers are interconnected by intercalated discs,[13] giving that tissue the appearance of a syncytium.

The filaments in a sarcomere are composed of actin and myosin.

Apr 11, 2015
I am the type of person that will fly her across the country to work with someone if I feel that they could help her. More times than I care to mention, I spent a good bit of dough to get absolutely nothing from it except figuring out that they are just full of hot air. So I know exactly where you are coming from.

Thanks again!
You're welcome, we sound very much alike. We've flown from CA to NH to meet with a catching coach for my oldest, CA to TX to see another hitting coach with my youngest (not the furu mentioned earlier), and loved every minute of it (OK, the boys and I did anyway, mom...eh, not so much :giggle:). I'll also offer you one last piece of advice, but only when you believe the time is right for you to hear it....

Whenever you eventually tire chasing the secret elusive code of trying to find the holy grail of the perfect "HL" pattern for hitting, that everyone and his brother believe they have discovered, and are trying to sell you...let me know, and I'll share with you the four true "absolutes" of hitting that can be seen in all the great hitters ever; from the Babe to Bond to Betts and even Bellinger. The cool part is....

You won't have to rack your brain to decide whether to teach TTB or HTTB, you won't have to train your hitter(s) how to compress or leverage their fascia over their muscles (you gotta admit that does sound kinda odd there doesn't it?), it won't matter if they pick to swing down, up, or sideways to the ball, and it won't matter which secret sequence or secret sauce they think they're using...because each hitter will get to discover for themselves how to accomplish these four "absolutes" that fit them the best as individuals.

Best of all, I'll guarantee you that they work or I'll give you all your money back from the free offer...and challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Because they're right out of the Bible (no, not that "Bible", the Bible of hitting), and most everyone already knows them, but still insist on chasing or searching for some better religion, guru, or healer of hitting...myself included, until I realized that I had the answers in my head and heart all along.

But don't wait too long...the offer will never expire, but the time you may have to use it in just might. Because unfortunately, we're never the ones that get to decide how long our kids get to play the game...IYKWIM.

Jul 29, 2013
Thanks, yeah I need to read Anatomy trains.
"Clinicians have used tensegrity as an analogy based upon tension structures or stability through triangulation to describe their work but no one is using the term correctly. All tensegrity structures are tensile but not all tensile structures are tensegrities."

Apr 11, 2015
Here's more info on fascia... found by google search of "muscle." Nothing new here.
Microanatomy

Main articles: Myocyte and Sarcomere

A skeletal muscle fiber is surrounded by a plasma membrane called the sarcolemma, which contains sarcoplasm, the cytoplasm of muscle cells. A muscle fiber is composed of many fibrils, which give the cell its striated appearance.

Skeletal muscles are sheathed by a tough layer of connective tissue called the epimysium. The epimysium anchors muscle tissue to tendons at each end, where the epimysium becomes thicker and collagenous. It also protects muscles from friction against other muscles and bones. Within the epimysium are multiple bundles called fascicles, each of which contains 10 to 100 or more muscle fibers collectively sheathed by a perimysium. Besides surrounding each fascicle, the perimysium is a pathway for nerves and the flow of blood within the muscle. The threadlike muscle fibers are the individual muscle cells (myocytes), and each cell is encased within its own endomysium of collagen fibers. Thus, the overall muscle consists of fibers (cells) that are bundled into fascicles, which are themselves grouped together to form muscles. At each level of bundling, a collagenous membrane surrounds the bundle, and these membranes support muscle function both by resisting passive stretching of the tissue and by distributing forces applied to the muscle.[12] Scattered throughout the muscles are muscle spindles that provide sensory feedback information to the central nervous system. (This grouping structure is analogous to the organization of nerves which uses epineurium, perineurium, and endoneurium).

This same bundles-within-bundles structure is replicated within the muscle cells. Within the cells of the muscle are myofibrils, which themselves are bundles of protein filaments. The term "myofibril" should not be confused with "myofiber", which is a simply another name for a muscle cell. Myofibrils are complex strands of several kinds of protein filaments organized together into repeating units called sarcomeres. The striated appearance of both skeletal and cardiac muscle results from the regular pattern of sarcomeres within their cells. Although both of these types of muscle contain sarcomeres, the fibers in cardiac muscle are typically branched to form a network. Cardiac muscle fibers are interconnected by intercalated discs,[13] giving that tissue the appearance of a syncytium.

The filaments in a sarcomere are composed of actin and myosin.
9f81f45d6996dfc71ba02c6735708af3.jpg

Not necessarily you personally B. but to those wringing their hands trying to figure out which of the many opposing paths they should travel.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
You're welcome, we sound very much alike. We've flown from CA to NH to meet with a catching coach for my oldest, CA to TX to see another hitting coach with my youngest (not the furu mentioned earlier), and loved every minute of it (OK, the boys and I did anyway, mom...eh, not so much :giggle:). I'll also offer you one last piece of advice, but only when you believe the time is right for you to hear it....

Whenever you eventually tire chasing the secret elusive code of trying to find the holy grail of the perfect "HL" pattern for hitting, that everyone and his brother believe they have discovered, and are trying to sell you...let me know, and I'll share with you the four true "absolutes" of hitting that can be seen in all the great hitters ever; from the Babe to Bond to Betts and even Bellinger. The cool part is....

You won't have to rack your brain to decide whether to teach TTB or HTTB, you won't have to train your hitter(s) how to compress or leverage their fascia over their muscles (you gotta admit that does sound kinda odd there doesn't it?), it won't matter if they pick to swing down, up, or sideways to the ball, and it won't matter which secret sequence or secret sauce they think they're using...because each hitter will get to discover for themselves how to accomplish these four "absolutes" that fit them the best as individuals.

Best of all, I'll guarantee you that they work or I'll give you all your money back from the free offer...and challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Because they're right out of the Bible (no, not that "Bible", the Bible of hitting), and most everyone already knows them, but still insist on chasing or searching for some better religion, guru, or healer of hitting...myself included, until I realized that I had the answers in my head and heart all along.

But don't wait too long...the offer will never expire, but the time you may have to use it in just might. Because unfortunately, we're never the ones that get to decide how long our kids get to play the game...IYKWIM.

This is one reason why I dislike the the technical form. Like you said in one of your earlier post "the only thing that matters is the outcome". I will be honest with you, I couldn't careless if science says it is real or not. The only thing I care about is the outcome and as of right now I like what I see. I understand it is just a theory but so far in my personal experience it has shown very good consistency. It may become the 8th wonder of the world lol.

This is the first time that I mentioned any of this stuff on here because I knew that I would get a lot of blow back about it lol. Just for the record I have never posted anything to anyone about them trying to incorporate this theory into their child or students swing. I typically try to stay away from steering someone down a certain path (I have noticed you seem to do the same). The most I will typically post about a hitter is the typical issues that I see and very rarely offer advice on how to fix the issue.

Anyway thanks for the offer Mud and I promise you, if I end up falling on my face with this, I will hit you up. I hope my comments don't change the way you think about me and refuse to intervene on me in the future if you feel it is warranted.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478