Bat help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD is 12, about 4'10" and maybe 75 lbs soaking wet. Has crazy muscle tone for a kid her size.

She's been swinging a 30" 18 oz Easton Reflex for the past 3 years and it's time for a new bat but I'm at a loss as to what to get her. She's got a decent amount of power for her size but doesn't always put her all into her swing.

Oct 25, 2009
I'm thinking 31" 21 oz or 32" 22 oz.

Stealth, CF5, Xeno. The Xeno's are hot right out of the wrapper.

Have her borrow a teammate's bat, preferably at a practice or a game if it doesn't jeopardize the game.

Have her borrow a teammate's bat, preferably at a practice or a game if it doesn't jeopardize the game.

Agree with having her swing other girls bats at practice if you spend $200 or more from a name brand you are going to get a quality bat for the most part... a 32in 22oz bat seems pretty big for a girls that small but the only real way to tell is to watch her swing.

Mar 29, 2012
Lots of good bats, depends what yo are looking to spend.

More expensive top of the line bats

Demarini cf5
Miken Freak lite
Louisville Slugger Xeno
Worth 454
Easton Speed Stealth
Anderson Rockettech (this bat is endloaded)

Less expensive but still good bats

easton synergy speed
Miken halo
Miken rain
louisville slugger zephyr
easton stealth clarity
demarini vendetta
combat virus morphed
easton synge
louisville slugger mendoza

what kind of budget are you looking at.

May 28, 2010
LI,NY
I would go with the 31" 20oz CF5, the 32"is probably too long and the 21 & 22oz might be too heavy for her. There are a few girls on my DD'S team your DD's size that use this bat and it works good for them.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

My DD is 13, 5'8", 130lbs and swings a 32/22. I think that would be to much bat for your daughter unless she is a fire plug. What level does your DD play? I would recommend getting her the heaviest bat she can swing and still make solid contact against the level pitching you are facing. She may be able to hit a 40MPH fastball with a 31/21, but facing a 55MPH flame thrower may product very different results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28