Bat for young daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Forget the Rocketech, that’s a -9 bat, and they’re sledge hammers, not the bat for an 8 year old!

Back in the day we had a 30” RT that weighed something like 23.5 oz.

Regardless of what type balls used, find a cheap used composite in the size you need and go play ball.

Apr 28, 2019
Dumb question for the aficianados: Is there much of a difference between 2018 and 2019 Anderson RockeTechs? The 2018 I found for like $70. Daughter will be playing with RIF balls for fall and spring, so looking for a solid alloy bat (unless there are better recommendations).

UPDATE: Answered my own question re: 2018 vs 2019 - Anderson is selling their 2019 for $79 on their own site.

However, if any better recommendations for alloys, please let me know! Gracias.

SECOND UPDATE: They're sold out of the 29/17 for 2019 : (
I was told by an Anderson rep 19 just has tighter/closer tolerances. We have 19 very good bat. Getting same exit velo as 18 Ghost. Just end loaded and lightest one is drop 9.
Mizuno makes a titanium bat but it’s expensive and from what I’ve heard wasn’t rec’d real well. It’s great for adult males but young girls get no benefit out of it.
This is what I was told from a couple of bat stores.

Apr 30, 2018
Forget the Rocketech, that’s a -9 bat, and they’re sledge hammers, not the bat for an 8 year old!

Back in the day we had a 30” RT that weighed something like 23.5 oz.

Regardless of what type balls used, find a cheap used composite in the size you need and go play ball.
I guess they changed it up. I still have DD's 27" Rocketech and it is a -12. I believe it is a '18, but might be '17.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
I was told by an Anderson rep 19 just has tighter/closer tolerances. We have 19 very good bat. Getting same exit velo as 18 Ghost. Just end loaded and lightest one is drop 9.
Mizuno makes a titanium bat but it’s expensive and from what I’ve heard wasn’t rec’d real well. It’s great for adult males but young girls get no benefit out of it.
This is what I was told from a couple of bat stores.

Confused by the drop 9 comments. Whatever I'm looking at is a
2019 Anderson RockeTech -12 Fastpitch Softball Bat: FPRT1912

Apr 28, 2019
I guess they changed it up. I still have DD's 27" Rocketech and it is a -12. I believe it is a '18, but might be '17.

I believe they have a youth Rocketech that goes up to drop 11/12. It only comes in smaller sizes. 30,31” I believe. It’s a different bat than the older youth/adult version. I believe it is a single wall design with no power sleeve/arch technology.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Here’s the only Anderson I’d consider for a very young player, this one sounds like the Nanotek we had 3 or 4 years ago.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
I believe they have a youth Rocketech that goes up to drop 11/12. It only comes in smaller sizes. 30,31” I believe. It’s a different bat than the older youth/adult version. I believe it is a single wall design with no power sleeve/arch technology.

Right, gotcha. Original poster was asking for his 8 y/o daughter, and I joined the thread as well as I'm in the same boat. Thanks for clarifying.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First, I would def find out what balls you are using. If they are RIF balls, save your cash and just
buy a decent alloy bat that fits here. Top tier bats arent going to hit RIF balls any better than
the cheaper alloys.

Next is what size she is using. If she cant swing a drop11, then getting her one is a waste also. They make
some ok 12s and 13s. But we are all just guessing like madmen here until we know what size she can handle. Then we can assist a little more and round it down.

Mar 15, 2019
California
A bat my second year 8U daughter recently used with success was a Louisville Quest, 28" drop 12. Actual weight is very close to advertised weight (16.4 oz). Has a nice sound to it on contact (versus the standard aluminum ping) and light weight helps bat speed and developing mechanics. My daughter is 50" tall and ~60 lbs.

Jun 20, 2019
What size and weight bat does she currently have. What height and weight is your daughter. Is she playing rev ball or travel ball? Did she just turn 8 or is she almost 9 so she would have to move up to 10u?

Right now she’s using a 25” 12 oz bat that she’s been using since she started tee ball when she was four. She’s actually not quite 8 but will be 8 real soon. She’s been playing rec ball but her team of 7/8/9 year olds is going to start a more competitive travel/tournament team. Thank you for your help!’

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28