Bat Dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2019
I've been considering getting a PC for my daughter, had to replace her 2016 Xeno. I bought her a 19 Quatro and a Velo and she has tried the team 19 LXT. She has not been real pleased with any of them. I just can't decide if it's worth pulling the trigger on the PC or just finding another 2016 Xeno. Any thoughts?

Apr 28, 2019
I've been considering getting a PC for my daughter, had to replace her 2016 Xeno. I bought her a 19 Quatro and a Velo and she has tried the team 19 LXT. She has not been real pleased with any of them. I just can't decide if it's worth pulling the trigger on the PC or just finding another 2016 Xeno. Any thoughts?
We have the 18 Quatro and 18 Velo. We use the Quatro for hitting drills tee work, bucket drops, soft toss etc... the Velo we really haven’t given it a fair shake yet.
We have a 17, 18, & 19 Xeno. My advanced daughter uses a Ghost or Rocketech for her primary bat against average pitchers and a 18 Xeno and 17 Stealth Flex against faster pitchers.
My late bloomer used to use the 17 Xeno as ger primary bat but now loves the 17 LXT that was her sisters favorite bat for the past 2 yrs. Her back-up bat is a 19 Xeno.
The research I have done suggests the Ghost, PC, & Xeno are all very similar and all quality bats. You can’t go wrong with either one. Personal preference. I would suggest you demo as many bats as possible to find “the one”.
When I look at the Mizuno PC the end cap and solid color on the last couple of inches on the bat sticks out. Thinking bigger dead spot towards end of barrel than most.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My DD has a 2018 Xeno and loved it.... Until she tried the PC. The Xeno is now her practice and cage bat... PC is the #1 game bat.
Her exit speeds are on average approx 3 mph faster when using the PC

Apr 28, 2019
My DD has a 2018 Xeno and loved it.... Until she tried the PC. The Xeno is now her practice and cage bat... PC is the #1 game bat.
Her exit speeds are on average approx 3 mph faster when using the PC
Xeno has best exit speed on test I have seen. Followed closely by Power Carbon and 3rd was LXT.
The test claimed they tested all the best high end bats but they did not.
No Rawlings, Marucci, or Anderson. Was surprised they actually tested Mizuno.
In my personal experience the Ghost and Rocketech have the most explosive launch. I don’t like to pitch with a net but was pretty much forced to after taking shots to the lower stomach and knee.
Just no reaction time when you have a heavy hitter up there swinging away.
My more advanced daughter never really liked the Xeno. She likes it now but still not favorite bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Never know til you try one KS, had many love the PC and never look back, but each player is different. And I know
it sucks because not very many demo stations around for Mizuno to try like others.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna keeps a 33/23 2016 Xeno in her bag as her backup, I don't think I could offer her enough cash to actually game it? No idea why, that bat is hot as a match!

Nov 10, 2016
So I have a bat problem. DD currently has 15 xeno, Qpro, PC, Ghost, and Cf zen. Ghost was her primary followed by Zen. Xeno was used in practice and hitting lessons because her first ghost broke in one month. Tried the Qpro while waiting on the ghost. DD liked it ok just not thrilled with it so we found the Zen cheap online. She likes it a lot. Not quite the same pop as ghost but its light so her bat speed makes up for it. Then we got the PC. First one was defective and had to be replaced after 2nd practice. New one is here and she hasn't picked the ghost back up yet. She has made several comments about how balanced it swings and she loves the fact it sounds just like the xeno.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

May 2, 2019
My daughter is not a power hitter, so hearing that the PC swings light sounds good. Core you are right, not many chances to demo any unless it's a LS, Easton, or Demarini. From what I can tell, LS rules around here for the most part. I kinda like having something different. That's why I tried the Quatro and Velo for her. Btw, what is the difference between the Quatro and Pro version? I have the 19 white/gold one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478