Bat Deal Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2018
2 quick questions:

1, Last year, LS and DeMarini had their 50% off bat day on 10/10/19. Anyone know when if/when that'll be taking place this year?

2. How much longer do you think Mizuno is going to charge the same amount for the 2019 PC as the 2020 PC?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Mizuno doesn't work like other manufacturers and they don't really update their site. They really do rely
on their dealers to sell, not their own site. They don't carry an overabundance of stock so they don't have to
cut prices to clear inventory. Last year they had almost no 2019s left...so I would think its almost nothing right now.
You wont see "sales" all thru the year to get people to buy from their site.

I mean, they only even show 2 weights in the 2019 PC at all. Why not just find an old 19 from a dealer?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
2 quick questions:

1, Last year, LS and DeMarini had their 50% off bat day on 10/10/19. Anyone know when if/when that'll be taking place this year?

2. How much longer do you think Mizuno is going to charge the same amount for the 2019 PC as the 2020 PC?
Try EBay for bats. Mizuno & Rawlings seem to sell for much less than other brand bats. Just make sure seller has 100% satisfaction and ask if you can get a receipt for warranty purposes. Some will some won’t. Many good baseball/softball sites have 19 PC’s for $199-250.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, and some ebay garbage will tell you that you get a receipt...and the receipt is useless because they
aren't an auth dealer. So you just bought a NR bat. You def got a receipt though...hahaha

What size PC you looking for Chevy?

Apr 28, 2019
Yeah, and some ebay garbage will tell you that you get a receipt...and the receipt is useless because they
aren't an auth dealer. So you just bought a NR bat.
Never had a problem. Most bats if used properly will last well over a year.
The two bats that I did return were both over a year old and Easton & Slugger replaced the bats with no receipt.
Your a dealer so of course your going to take exception to anyone selling for less than you are.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, just protecting unsuspecting buyers who don't know whats out there on ebay.

Just telling people to do their due diligence when buying on ebay.

And yeah, I really care who gets a sale from a 1-2 year old bat that's off mapp and losing money on anyway :rolleyes:
The goal is NOT to have those bats laying around still and we do pretty well not having them.

Apr 28, 2019

And yeah, I really care who gets a sale from a 1-2 year old bat that's off mapp and losing money on anyway :rolleyes:
The goal is NOT to have those bats laying around still and we do pretty well not having them.
Yeah ok sure.

Jun 6, 2018

Well said core and I have had multiple parents over the last 2-3 years save money on ebay for a bat only to have it not be replaced under warranty due to the seller not being authorized!

All core is saying is due your due diligence. There are sellers on there that are legit and typically have a website for online retail as well as a brick and mortar store and there are others who stole the bat at their local store and are just re-selling it at a great discount.

The message is you shop on ebay there is a greater inherent risk that comes with finding a great deal.

I take the piece of mind of shopping with Core and getting a great price and receipt that will provide me a warranty and I prefer to work within my daughters organizations to get bulk orders so that the savings can be passed around. Trust me I will like to get a bulk order on the advance but that $400 sticker price is going to limit it.

Dec 11, 2010
You might have never had a problem but that doesn’t help someone who bought a bat that cannot be warranted from an unauthorized dealer.

Most bats WILL last more than a year. Heck, they will usually last more than a year hitting good quality machine balls and playing at 45 degrees. (Oh, the humanity! That won’t work!)

Yet sometimes they don’t. And it might be really nice to have a valid, dated receipt.

Part of what screwed up good deals from knowledgeable authorized dealers was the unauthorized eBay re-sellers.

Of course you would have to be around DFP for more than 20 minutes to know the actual history of that debacle.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
MadBandit.....you are a _____. Take your pick, I'm sure you've heard it before. You come off as such a pompous know it all in most of your posts on here...is that really your intention or do you just not know any better?

***Sorry Admin and others, many of us have bit our tongues for a while here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad