barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So, like @Work=wins, that is the part that really bothers you. To that I say, who cares. Everybody has their own two eyes and can determine one way or the other what he says is true or not.

Well as you know I care and have passion for the game as well.. You at least have played the game and have an understanding of what its like to be in the box and what it takes.. Others have to just take someones word and claims..

Jun 8, 2016
Well as you know I care and have passion for the game as well.. You at least have played the game and have an understanding of what its like to be in the box and what it takes.. Others have to just take someones word and claims..
I get that but whenever a parent who doesn't really know what they are looking at puts their kid with a hitting instructor they are doing so based upon a recommendation from somebody, correct? So that risk is always there regardless of whether the claims of efficacy are made by the instructor or by a third party.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
FP26, Patter...

Put yourself in the box utilizing TM's pattern.. Is this the best position to launch the swing from to cover the whole zone ? Any parts of the zone where you may struggle and why ?

MpC1MVs.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Then why not call out the matching claims by TM ?

I will offer you two thoughts here Tom.

1) I have been at this a long time. Even before I joined the forums, I have researched a number of different "systems" including people like Charley Lau. I have not found a single theory yet that I agree with 100%. Not one. Yes, some are closer than others, and those are the points of emphasis I tend to gravitate towards.
2) I don't need people to tell me what's wrong about someone else's theory. I'm a big boy and fully capable of reviewing their theory and determining what I like or dislike about it. As an example, I think you are an intelligent guy. And there are aspects of your theory that make sense to me and that I agree with. There are other points that I disagree with. When you talk about your beliefs, I fully appreciate your contributions. When you start bashing other people's beliefs is where I lose interest. And that goes for others as well, including TM. I follow his twitter account. When he speaks about hitting, I will read. When he starts bashing someone (such as Judy...), I simply scroll beyond it. I realize everyone is different, but I have enough faith in "people" (in general), that they are capable of making their own decisions and don't need me telling them what to do.

Jul 29, 2013
Change the angle of the dry swing and one can see the swing down to....

MASQCEL.gif

7WXRPTr.gif
Can you tilt the frame of a Bonds swing? I'd like to see that.

The biggest problem I have is the fact that they say to swing down and hit the top of the ball and drive it on the ground.
Wouldn't it be more correct to say, "Here's my arm position and hand path, I tilt my spine to get on plane so I don't drive the ball into the ground."
Don't you think a statement like that would eliminate a lot of debate.

I posted a link to a SI article where Ted Williams challenged Don Mattingly when Mattingly said he swings down.
Is it the case where what these pros say goes unchallenged because some are so awe struck by the celebrity? So there's no clarification? They all stand around and nod their heads like bobble dolls. A huh, a huh....

Or are the clarifications out there?
I'd like to see a pro talking about setting up the swing plane by tilting his spine rearward before he swings to the ball. Do you know of any?
I've seen the choppers and I've seen Donaldson with a completely different approach. Few are willing to challenge the convention.
I think the emperor has no clothes.

Jun 8, 2016
FP26, Patter...

Put yourself in the box utilizing TM's pattern.. Is this the best position to launch the swing from to cover the whole zone ? Any parts of the zone where you may struggle and why ?

MpC1MVs.gif
I've already stated a number of times what I don't like about his instruction (which is what I am interested in).

AJ has problems with the ball up..so does Trout
hotzone.png

AJ strikes out a lot. He struck out a lot before he worked with TM and he strikes out a lot now. You know who else struck out a lot (for his era at least)? Mickey Mantle. Some hitters strike out more than others. Maybe their mechanics have something to do with it, maybe it doesn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28