barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I know what AP clip you are referring when you see that action really clearly but is AP's elbow really slotting that much before the barrel moves at all? Can you post the AP clip (I think you know which one I am referring to)?

I was referring to the 2 clips I posted within the my post. Elbow slots while the hands stay in place. They are pretty close.

Jun 8, 2016
I was referring to the 2 clips I posted within the my post. Elbow slots while the hands stay in place. They are pretty close.
There was a clip of AP in your post? Anyway this one is good enough to show what I was asking:

In the BP clips I agree the kid and AP match in terms of that. Not as much in the bottom right though, no? Elbow seems higher in his stance in the BP clips so that may have something to do with it? To me, if at the point you decide to swing your elbow slots a bunch before the barrel moves then you are wasting pressure time..in BP AP had that (time), not so much in a game.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There was a clip of AP in your post? Anyway this one is good enough to show what I was asking:

In the BP clips I agree the kid and AP match in terms of that. Not as much in the bottom right though, no? Elbow seems higher in his stance in the BP clips so that may have something to do with it? To me, if at the point you decide to swing your elbow slots a bunch before the barrel moves then you are wasting pressure time..in BP AP had that (time), not so much in a game.

yeah. I think APs using something else in the game to create his ‘flow’ to the ball; BP can get stagnant and create lazier legs etc. if you know what I mean.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

On another note. I enjoyed your personal batting lesson with Coach Lisle. You were nicer than I thought you’d be. But you were the same amount of pushy! 😆

I jest.

Jun 8, 2016
On another note. I enjoyed your personal batting lesson with Coach Lisle. You were nicer than I thought you’d be. But you were the same amount of pushy! 😆

I jest.
When people are trying to help me with Marcela I am always nice...every other time not so much ;)

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Really enjoy listening to great player. Getting to "palm up" for Cabrera is how he turns the barrel. The king, Albert Pujols. turns the know to the ball location.

- Miguel Cabrera explains the palm-up method

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802