barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So you're saying there's a pause? I've reviewed it frame by frame and the barrel continues its rearward movement/acceleration..... no pause. The space between each position grows greater each advance of frame.

not sure what your talking about. There’s a tip a turn and another turn which is release of the barrel. Sure the barrel accels a half a mile an hour. here’s your poster boy saying it’s not for power, why? Cause it’s not! Or is he another pro that doesn’t know what he does?

Jul 29, 2013
If you want to call the change in barrel direction torque then yea but it needs to be synced with the core.

AjpBGPY.gif
Notice how the barrel pauses when the direction changes. Really ruins bat speed. Don't ya think?

Jul 29, 2013
not sure what your talking about. There’s a tip a turn and another turn which is release of the barrel. Sure the barrel accels a half a mile an hour. here’s your poster boy saying it’s not for power, why? Cause it’s not! Or is he another pro that doesn’t know what he does?

So he said it's not for power. So what! Do you think he's getting the bat into the zone early with no bat speed? I guess he never hits oppo bombs?
He's accelerating the barrel rearward and creating early bat speed. He's also accelerating the barrel for a longer time and distance, creating more and more bat speed.
He's not focused on the movement for power but he's sure getting a powerful benefit.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So he said it's not for power. So what! Do you think he's getting the bat into the zone early with no bat speed? I guess he never hits oppo bombs?
He's accelerating the barrel rearward and creating early bat speed. He's also accelerating the barrel for a longer time and distance, creating more and more bat speed.
He's not focused on the movement for power but he's sure getting a powerful benefit.

So if JD says it’s not for power and we have been telling you the core is where the power is. And Julray has been telling you that every pro TTB errrr is down to. That means? The accel happens when the hands come forward Errr down to not backwards maybe? Sounds about right to me.

Jul 29, 2013
So if JD says it’s not for power and we have been telling you the core is where the power is. And Julray has been telling you that every pro TTB errrr is down to. That means? The accel happens when the hands come forward Errr down to not backwards maybe? Sounds about right to me.
If that's what yall want to believe.... zzzzzzzzz.
You can't mean that the barrel starting in the air above the hands and moving down to the zone is your definition of down to?
You mean down to the ball, not down to the zone.
or are you moving over to the dark side?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28