barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Worst part about this thread all of you post make sense even though your debating

I’m sure this is covered but I’m not in a position to read 76 pages right now so I’ll ask the question.

does the back foot stay anchored or should it be free to gain ground, come off the ground or even scissor?

IMO if you load correctly the back foot is a NO teach....... The difference would be quad load vs hamstring/glute load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
Bobby,

The oblique slings, with the back and front functional lines As well as the spiral lines contribute to stretching and contracting the core. The leverage of the frontside helps maintain the back leg anchor. It’s truly about balance. But more accurately dynamic balance.

the bones get moved by the muscles. The musculature gets moved by the fascia. SSC.
Do you just make shirt up?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not sure he knows what fascia is.

And Im pretty sure we were lookin for NERVOUS SYSTEM makes the muscles move...so close.

yeah. We went over this before. The brain rules all. When the bones and muscles move they are aided by fascia. it’s how muscles work together to lengthen and contract. They are optimal when certain chains and slings work in concert.

Jul 29, 2013
Not much else to do with the virus, so I thought I would come back to play some more. I think I have grown thicker skin....

Bobby, I think that the swing is more similar to the bull whip. I should probably not be in the technical section, as I don't know all the proper terminology, but it seems to me the bull whip is being pulled in a forward motion and that the tip of the whip ends with speed in excess of the original arm/hand speed.

I think the swing is started similarly and the back end of the barrel is pulled thru and when the hand deceleration starts, the barrel picks up speed. See the prior thread i had started with the Big Poppy data. I know it was only one data point, but i still think accurate.
Not deceleration. Change of direction and torque. Bat or bullwhip. Conservation of angular momentum causes the small end to speed up because the turn radius gets smaller. Bats don't respond exactly the way bull whips do because bats get larger on the end, not smaller, and they're (mostly) rigid and not capable of creating the advancing turn/wave.
Try to crack a bull whip by stopping your hand against a stop. It won't work.
Here's a great video about the science of turning objects.
BTW for Ww....There's a great section that demonstrates why the obliques aren't capable of turning the pelvis at 22:10

Jul 29, 2013
yeah. We went over this before. The brain rules all. When the bones and muscles move they are aided by fascia. it’s how muscles work together to lengthen and contract. They are optimal when certain chains and slings work in concert.
Why don't you guys enlighten me as to how, in your words, "The musculature gets moved by the fascia."
And then you can explain to me what SSC is and what fascia has to do with it.
And finally, what the brain has to do with involuntary reflex action, since you think everything originates in the brain.
No bs. Just scientifically verifiable facts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2